Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schleb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,132
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 510-14IKB touchpad - left & right click don't work

Hi gurus, my Yoga 510 touchpad has stopped working for no apparent reason. Specifically the left and right click buttons at the bottom of the touchpad. Most annoying. How do I fix it??

Or do I have to get a replacement laptop (as still under warranty)?? I hope not!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Schleb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,025
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 510-14IKB touchpad - left & right click don't work

OK, well despite numerous views on the forum no one came up with a solution. However, I managed to find time to go online to Lenovo online tech support, and below is the rundown for anyone with a similar issue (the calls took place over a couple of days, especially as Step 1 and 3 require the tech support to drop out whilst supposed fix in operation - ie requires restart after update/reset):

1. update mouse/touchpad driver via Lenovo website (note: my Windows 10 operating system had said the driver was up to date when I checked earlier, but the Lenovo techie said to update via their Lenovo website). The update did not fix it.

2. Make sure that the touchpad was operational - ie 'control F6' toggles touchpad on/off. It was operational so no luck there.

3. Do a reset (via settings etc) which requires wiping of apps but maintenance of files. This did not work.

4. Laptop is now to be taken by Lenovo for repair (under warranty), which could take up to 2 weeks until return.

Fingers crossed that it gets fixed properly. It's all been bit of a pain for a 9 month old laptop!! Had a Microsoft SurfacePro (my daughter's) which had a minor issue after almost 2 years and recently walked into the Microsoft city store and they immediately replaced it with a new one (with extra RAM and speed). Perhaps I should have got another SP instead of the Yoga but my son was keen for the latter.

DN9
Paper Tape
Views: 1,403
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 510-14IKB touchpad - left & right click don't work

I have the same issue? Has this been resolved? Need a solution if someone has got this resolved and working.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors