Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulimchu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,471
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 510-14IKB won't boot after windows 10 update

I have a Lenovo Yoga with a 1TB HDD.

My laptop has been working perfectly fine until i updated audio driver, radeon driver bios and 2 windows 10. Upon restarting after updates installation, my laptop would not boot anymore.

Upon restarting, i see the typical windows updating X%. I got to until 35% when the next time I check it was "reattempting installing updates" decises to leave it overnight since it was already 3am. 

this is what happened after I checked on it the morning after, first:

Default Boot Device Missing

Googled and found a solution online and followed the following steps:
step 1 ) Power on your laptop
Step 2) Enter into Bios Setup
Step 3) Goto Boot Tab
Step 4) Highlight Boot Mode, press Enter, swap from "UEFI" to "Legacy Support". Under that Swap UEFI to legacy First
Step 5) goto EXIT tab and highlight Exit saving changes . Press Enter.
Restart Your Laptop

Turned laptop on and this is what I get next:

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 083)
Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Don't know how to proceed after this. 

Please see photo of latest bios status. 

Moderator note: post moved to Lenovo Yoga forum, subject edited to indicate model, link to image containing S/N removed.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,384
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 510-14IKB won't boot after windows 10 update

Hello and welcome,

Based on the image you linked, I've moved your post to the Lenovo Yoga forum.  I've also removed the link to the image as it showed your serial number.

If you'd like to repost/reply with that image - as it includes potentially useful BIOS identification - please obscure the S/N first. Otherwise, you could post the information as text.

Regards,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors