cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ndevi
Paper Tape
Views: 323
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 510 14ISK Burnt smell, Smoke and soot in fan oulet.

Hi All, my wife had bought a Yoga 14ISK which was delivered today. After receiving the lap, she had then updated windows 10 and certain drivers when prompted. The lap was a bit sluggish from the start. The laptop was in use when without warning considerable amount of smoke seemed to come out of the fan outlet. The machine hung up and I had immediately switched it off. Searching for Service Centres in the UK, I could find none. What should I do ?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 309
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 510 14ISK Burnt smell, Smoke and soot in fan oulet.

Did you buy this from Lenovo or a reseller?  Was it new?  If yes, I wouldn't look to get it serviced; I would return it for an exchange.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ndevi
Paper Tape
Views: 275
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for replying. The laptop was bought from Lenovo Store and is brand new. I have since called Lenovo customer support, they are of the opinion that the seller (Digital River, Ireland) may be able to present me with a more faster solution. I have called them also, waiting for the email outlining necessary steps for sending the machine back. Hope this gets resolved quickly. 

vivelo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 250
Message 4 of 4

Return it to the store, they are under law to replace the item or refund. I wouldn't bother wasting time going through Lenovo with this unless it is over 12 months old.

You get two years warrenty.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors