Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squrlookal
What's DOS?
Views: 100
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 510-14ISK Keyboard Issues

For some reason I'm having a peculiar issue with the keyboard on my 510-14ISK.  The characters 'g', 'h', '\', '@' don't work unless you hold down the 'fn' key.  They do however work with the shift key, which capitalises or uses the secondary character, without the 'fn' key being pressed.

I have no idea how this happened, the keyboard worked previously, I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and sold the laptop (and had it returned, with this weird issue).

Any ideas how to fix this?  I'm extremely perplexed...

(It's a UK variant keyboard, for clarification, also).

AdrianG001
Punch Card
Views: 82
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 510-14ISK Keyboard Issues

Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.

(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal 

If that does not work, then I would recommend a factory reset on the unit, this would rule out a software issue.

Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine

1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a hosted virtual desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key. 
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this) 
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”. 
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages. 
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine. 

If that does not resolve the issue, then it will be a hardware issue, so if these steps do not work I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service.

Regards,

Adrian

Admin note; unnecessary link removed

Regards,
Adrian Gates
System Administrator

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors