07-19-2017 12:38 PM
My laptop was working normally, suddenly the touchpad stopped working, not mouse pointer anywere, connected the wireless mouse that I normally use and it did not work either. Is like the mouse option stopped working entirely. I am using the laptop touching the screen, that is the only way. The keyboard and everything else is working fine. I runned a hardware diagnosis and it said everything was well. I am attaching what the control panel says when I go to mouse - hardware. Is there a solution or should I send my computer tech support?
07-20-2017 05:12 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Have a go at updating the drivers for the Mouse/Touchpad and Chipset drivers for the unit from the support page.
Make sure to reboot after an update on the unit.
Also, Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.
(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
08-23-2017 12:27 PM
Hopefully you will of fixed it by now.
I had many problems when I got mine and did the Leovo updates etc, still had issues.
I spent an hour in Device manager and went through all of tham was listed and updated individually from there, the update is through windows. over half was out of date and ever since it has been fine, not crashed etc.
08-23-2017 12:36 PM
Thank you for the information, at the end I called tech support, they guided me through the process of reseting the laptop completely to the buying state. It worked, was the only solution for me, the hole process took me something like 5 hours.
Since then It has been working perfectly, no problems at all.