Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SolidusO
Paper Tape
Views: 516
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 510-14ISK stuck in Tablet Mode

I have just installed a new LCD/digitiser panel for my wife's Yoga 510. On restarting it after the repair, the display works fine, but the machine defaults to Tablet Mode in portrait orientation, and the keyboard and trackpad don't work. I'm able to use the touch screen to restore the correct orientation, but cannot recover the keyboard/trackpad. This occurs whether the machine is in laptop, tent or tablet mode.

Rebooting to Safe Mode produces normal behaviour (correct screen orientation, keyboard and trackpad work), so this suggests that there's a driver issue somewhere. After digging around the net a bit I found that disabling "HID Sensor Collection V2" in Device Manager and rebooting fixes this issue, however this is not ideal as the keyboard/trackpad remain active when the screen goes past 180 degrees.

It's not a huge issue, as the machine isn't used in tent or tablet modes very much, but it would be nice to have a fix for when it is used like this to avoid unecessary inputs from the keyboard. Disabling this driver also prevents the soft keyboard from initialising. It's also an issue if the driver is updated, as it is then re-enabled and everything goes back to "permanent" Tablet Mode.

Does anybody know of an updated driver, or a setting in the driver, to overcome this problem?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 496
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 510-14ISK stuck in Tablet Mode

Hi SolidusO!

Welcome to Community Forums.

We can use the Lenovo Vantage to install the latest Drivers in your laptop. If it's still the same, we can  try installing Energy Manager Driver with Yoga Mode Control and check how it goes. Please update us here with the result.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Highlighted
SolidusO
Paper Tape
Views: 477
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply Hector.

I'd already verified that all drivers and Win10 were up to date, but downloaded Lenovo Vantage to confirm. I also confirmed that BIOS is up to date.

I also downloaded YMC. This allowed me to restart HID Sensor Collection V2 with no ill effects, but now it won't go into Tablet mode when the screen goes past 180 degrees. In other words, it's still displaying the same behaviour as if the HID Sensor Collection V2 was disabled. Further, I can force it into Tablet Mode, but the keyboard and trackpad are still active, although the keyboard backlight goes off.

YMC also gives the option for rotation lock. Enabling this is the only way I can get the screen into landscape orientation, otherwise it defaults to portrait. This means that the display stays in landscape and wont rotate to portrait or flip when the screen goes past 180 degrees.

Wojti
What's DOS?
Views: 192
Message 4 of 4

Any solutions?? I have the same problem with sensor HID v2

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors