Did you mean: 
Highlighted
brenda96ca
Blue Screen Again
Views: 807
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 510 Camera doesn't work after Windows 10 update

Hi,

My camera stopped working after the Windows 10 update. I think it's the driver so i tried installing the (only) one that lenovo offers:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/no/es/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkp...

However when I try to install it it says "no appropriate driver to be installed".

This thing is driving me crazy, my touchpad was affected by this too, I can still use it but the gestures don't work. So I want to be able to repare the camera before I mess with the touchpad which is my main concern. HELP!

Also, the camera does appear in the device manager so my problem isn't solved by pressing F8 which is a common solution.

Thanks.

Guru
Views: 756
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 510 Camera doesn't work after Windows 10 update

Press F8 to make sure it would be on if it worked (I'm assuming you still get on/off notifications even though it's not working)

Then go to Device Manager and uninstall the camera. Reboot. Windows will catch that and reinstall the camera. If Windows Update did something to the driver, that'll fix it. If not, come back here and we'll look for something else. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
rhirata
Paper Tape
Views: 701
Message 3 of 4

I have a FLEX5 1570 Lenovo machine. I had the same problem. What I finally did after many many videos and searched hints is come to the Lenovo support home page, and found this camera drivers https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ma/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/flex-series/flex-5-1570/downloads/d... . I downloaded the drivers, executed the file and voala. my camera started to work again. I remember that most of the hints tell you to go to "Devices" and check drivers, however in my case, the "Imaging devices" did not even appear, so no roll back on drivers or similar actions were possible. After this installation of drivers, I solved the problem. Please goto to Lenovo support, search  for camera drivers for your Yoga Model (I am not sure my drivers will solve your machine ones), but the procedure simply installed the drivers and after a restart, the laptop recognized the hardware......hope It works.

Guru
Views: 687
Message 4 of 4

Windows 10 ver 1803 added a privacy setting that, by default, makes the camera unavailable. Windows Key > Settings > Privacy and scroll down to Permissions > Camera.  See if you need to enable it, there. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors