09-16-2014

GB

11 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 510 Orange Screen

2018-07-03, 10:12 AM

My 18 month old 510 has an intermittent odd issue where blacks turn to orange. Pretty much black only is affected & the laptop boots normally. The orange first appears as the background to the Lenovo splash screen on power on, before any OS has attempted to load so definitely not an OS/driver issue. Only the laptop screen is affected, not HDMI output. Simply power cycling the laptop rectifies the problem 99% of the time. If the laptop is left powered up on a level surface that blocks the inlet vents on the bottom (great piece of design there Lenovo) the problem is also like to appear. The fact that this has started happening around the same time of year & also happens when the vents are restricted makes me suspect temperature related & probably a bad connection.

This was supposedly repaired under warranty six months ago when I think the screen was replaced. I say this because the light bleed after repair was much worse. Now it's out of warranty I've asked Lenovo nicely to consider a FOC repair as it's the same fault. Unfortunately their response has been of the middle finger variety. :smileysad:

Anyone else seen this & have an idea of where to start troubleshooting? I'm reasonably competent at attempting repairs & have nothing to lose as it will end up scrap anyway. Needless to say if I reach this point the replacement won't be another Lenovo "disposable" product...

Options

9 Posts

09-16-2014

GB

11 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 510 Orange Screen

2019-03-29, 12:17 PM

So, yet another thread goes unanswered.

This appeared to be crap connections to the screen. I pulled it all apart & reseated all connectors & so far the problem hasn't re-occurred. The lack of response in the forums together with Lenovo's inability to repair or accept liability means I can't wait to ditch this piece of junk.

In my experience Lenovo is now nothing other than a seller of poor quality tat with little to no support. I certainly won't buy another.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete