Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hollowmancr
Paper Tape
Views: 133
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 520 14IKB does not power on

Hello everyone, I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 14IKB that I needed some help with. The configuration that I currently have is a 1 TB HDD as well as 4 GB of RAM. I wanted to do an upgrade to 8 GB and to install an M.2 NVME as well so I opened up the laptop base to check if there is an M.2 slot and how many slots do I have for the DIMM. I confirmed the M.2 presence and then opened the RAM cover, took out the RAM DIMM and then reseated it and put the cover back. Once I closed up the laptop and tried powering it on, nothing. No response.

I tried with and without a charger. Power button long-press for 30 seconds without the charger and then trying again but unfortunately there has been no response so far. I'm pretty sure I did not remove any cables by mistake or cause a short as I did not use any metallic tools once I had the cover open.

What do you guys recommend in this case? Is there a way to reset the battery or the internal battery (if any)? Should I take the battery out and put back in again after a 10 minute rest? Is there a pin hole to reset the battery settings or something? Any solution would be appreciated.

hollowmancr
Paper Tape
Views: 101
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 520 14IKB does not power on

I managed to fix it by removing the battery for 5 minutes and then plugging it back in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors