Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hem520
Paper Tape
Views: 2,272
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 520 Freeze issue

Hi All,

I have a yoga 520 bought 3 months back. I have been constantly facing laptop freeze issue. It randomly happens while doing normal work like opening any file in Windows explorer or surfing net on Chrome. Below are the observations:

• The pointer moves but nothing opens/closes.
  • I am not even able to open Task manger when this happens. CTL+ALT+DLT doesn't do anything.
  • The action centre opens sometimes but all the options becomes disabled when this happens.

The thing to note here is that no heavy task is running which might consume the CPU/memory. So I am pretty sure this is not a performance issue but something else. I have to long press the power button and start it again to get it working.

Also my Windows 10 is upto date. I suspect that this has started happening after Windows Fall Creator update but I am not really sure. I have also referred below link which suggests to update the BIOS which I did but no results. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/New-Yoga-900-Constantly-Freezing/td-p/2229...

Could anyone please help on this? let me know if you are facing the same issue.

SergioLongoBR
Paper Tape
Views: 1,937
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 520 Freeze issue

Same here. I've noticed it is more frequent when using Opera's whatsapp applet, or whatsapp for desktop. Regardless, it happens in any situation. The workaround I found is to suspend the notebook and get it back, but I fear it is degrading faster it's lifespan. It also seems to be cyclical, being more frequent at some points during the day. The notebook is up to date on everything, even BIOS.

Hope someone helps....

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,932
Message 3 of 8

Check your Event Viewer > Windows > System for errors that might point to something amiss.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
SergioLongoBR
Paper Tape
Views: 1,927
Message 4 of 8

Thanks. I found a lot of errors in DistributedCOM. But the freezes stopped after I turned off every "enable hardware acceleration" in every windows program, including browsers.

Let's investigate DistributedCOM problem and see what it is...

SergioLongoBR
Paper Tape
Views: 1,922
Message 5 of 8

Found this.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/ll06_en/message-id/63717

No good. Still facing hangs while using whatsapp desktop, for example.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,920
Message 6 of 8

The link you posted takes me to a blank reply window.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
taDANN
Paper Tape
Views: 1,631
Message 7 of 8

I have the same issue! my yoga 520 ALWAYS freezes. Earlier, it suddenly stopped and restarted, then the screen now has this:

Capture.PNG

Should I be worried? It disappeared after another restart.

SergioLongoBR
Paper Tape
Views: 1,604
Message 8 of 8

I disabled every "whatsapp" program that were running and the freezing stopped. It seems to be a conflict between some windows update and the routines run in those applications.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors