05-05-2019

AU

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 520 Turning Off When Battery 100%

2019-05-05, 9:20 AM

Hello, for no reason my Yoga 520 (About a year old) has started shutting down when its on battery within 5 minutes of using it. The battery is always at 100% even when i reboot it and i've never had issues with the battery draining. It isn't just going to sleep either, its totally shutting down with no warnings. I have checked the battery by opening the back and everything looks in place and i have tried going through all the settings to see if its something in there but there isn't- i'd assume if it was shutting down due to power saving it would simply go to sleep not shut the whole system down. 

Can someone give me some insight into what might be happening? 

Thanks, 

Options

296 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

243 Signins

957 Page Views

• Views: 957
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 520 Turning Off When Battery 100%

2019-05-08, 16:40 PM

Hi 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Initially, try to uninstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager and restart the system. Check if there are changes taking notice of the battery indicator LED. 

Check the BIOS version using this link: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht070218

Scan for new drivers using Lenovo Vantage: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081

See Battery health as well using Lenovo Vantage. 

When you say shutting down, do you see the computer saying shutting down? No error message perhaps? 

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete