Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grazuncle9
SCSI Port
Views: 233
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 520 bluetooth headphones - the blues to solution

Hi all

I bought what i thought was a great bluetooth solution to go with my phone and Yoga 520? A SONY Extra Bass MDR-XB70BTL neckband type set. many in ear phone i have had a low on the bass side so i thought it was a good idea - at the time Smiley Sad

Oh the disappointment with the Yoga... I noticed that the sound on my Sennheiser x300 II set had more Bass than my Sony phone output but on the Yoga The SONY Extra Bass MDR-XB70BTL were not enjoyable. I like to hear some of the higher frequencies too!

OK.. found the Dobly app; just change the setting... it does not work unless you plug some wired phones in; Bluetooth versions are not recognised so won't fire up the app.

Then!!! I thought. I wonder if you do use wired phones, would the app remember the changes to any settings.. I'm glad to say it does. I chose the Dolby EQ setting and modified the very low frequencies down a tad - left the mids section alone and upped the mid to all but the last three sliders.. not much needed to make an appreciable difference.

Swapped back to BT and voila! a great listening experience now.. Could tweak further and it is a little bit of a faff but at least I can use my new BT 

might help someone..

Grazuncle9
SCSI Port
Views: 225
Message 2 of 3

Wow.. just learned something else.. useful

I just accidentally clicked on the Dolby icon... in the tray.

I expected the usual pop up.. 'connect some headphones' and then expected the controls to disappear...

NO.. the EQ settings i set from earlier came up.. I'll try my BT set later and just hope i can set these whilst they are on.

it's looking good..

Grazuncle9
SCSI Port
Views: 212
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wow.. just learned something else.. useful

my particular EQ setting ..still working Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors