Options

3 Posts

12-07-2018

BR

19 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 520 fingerprint driver (synaptics) keeps failing (code 10)

2019-12-13, 12:26 PM

Fingerprint sensor driver (Synaptics WBDI under Biometric devices) keeps failing with the message "This device cannot start (Code 10)"

Wonder wich Intel driver have to install to make this sensor work....

Fingerprint drivers before installs Intel drivers together but now they do not and fingerprint cannot start due this lack.

Options

736 Posts

08-02-2018

US

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 520 fingerprint driver (synaptics) keeps failing (code 10)

2019-12-13, 13:59 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community. 

When was the last time that it worked? Were there any changes or updates prior to the issue?

I found a similar discussion here

You may try reinstalling the driver and update the BIOS.

Update us how it goes.

Auxen

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

12-07-2018

BR

19 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 520 fingerprint driver (synaptics) keeps failing (code 10)

2019-12-15, 21:25 PM
Auxen,

This problem is happening on a while since laptop came back from support (i sent it to support to fix this problem and all they did was to check that hardware is ok and reinstalled windows os)
Fingerprint works one day and after reboot stops working. Then you can remove device and reboot agian and sometimes it works again, sometimes not, and shows error 10.

I already reinstall all windows system from recovery lenovo tool, i already reinstall lenovo fingerprint driver and Intel Management Engine downloaded from support page for my device. All BIOS update are installed too.

I am using all updated software provided and what happens is: fingerprint works one day, and then stops working. To work again you have to uninstall fingerprint device and let windows reinstall automatically on reboot. Most of the times this make it work again, for one or two days, but sometimes this does not make it work.

It seems to me that intel management engine is not always enabling SGX to fingerprint or synaptics driver is timing out too soon.

Discussion from here is similar (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-520-fingerprint-driver-synaptics-keeps-failing-code-10/m-p/3987718) but that does not solve the problem.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete