Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucaswhite87
Paper Tape
Views: 3,463
Message 1 of 12

Yoga 520 touchscreen has stopped working

hi,

Ive only had the laptop about a month and the touchscreen was working fine until tonight where it just stopped working whilst i was using it. I have tried a few things but the device manager says the device is in working order. Ive tried restarting and even disabling and re enabling the driver but to no avail. any help?

Guru
Views: 3,423
Message 2 of 12

Re: Yoga 520 touchscreen has stopped working

First, tap the F6 button and make sure you didn't accidentally turn it off. 

Next, make sure you have the latest drivers. You can find the latest versions at the Lenovo Support site. Make sure everything else is up to date, too. (Win10 sent an update, yesterday. Sometimes those updates wreck things)

If that's all up to date, try uninstalling the touchpad from Device Manager (right click on the touchscreen and select "uninstall device")and reboot. Windows should spot that on the reboot and re-install it. If WIndows DOESN'T re-install it, then it could be a loose ribbon cable. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
lucaswhite87
Paper Tape
Views: 3,383
Message 3 of 12

thank you! updating drivers worked a treat! problem sorted

lucaswhite87
Paper Tape
Views: 3,316
Message 4 of 12

now I'm not sure what happened but now its stopped working YET AGAIN, ive repeated the steps. when I turned on the laptop this afternoon I was prompted by systems updates. today now an update called Wacom Touch Firmware package version 2.15 was then installed. that seems to be where the problem started. any suggestions lol
Aiman9
Paper Tape
Views: 3,309
Message 5 of 12

Hi. I have the same problem but I don't know when it started bcs I rarely use the touch screen but I'm sure it just happen this week and I also remember about that Wacom update. I've used many different ways  to fix it but I can't. What I notice is the touch screen driver is missing from the device manager and the pen and touch from control panel also has dissappeared. I hope someone will help to solve this soon since I'm planning on utilizing the touch screen. Since I can't find where to find the touch screen driver, I don't try reinstall it yet. Do anyone know where I can find it?

Aiman9
Paper Tape
Views: 3,308
Message 6 of 12

Now it worked!! I run the system update on lenovo vintage and install all the optional and the screen goes black for a second after finish installing it and now it worked, hope this help
lucaswhite87
Paper Tape
Views: 3,258
Message 7 of 12

hi, whats lenovo vintage?

Guru
Views: 3,254
Message 8 of 12

He meant Lenovo Vantage. You'll find it in the Windows Store. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Aiman9
Paper Tape
Views: 3,239
Message 9 of 12

Lenovo Companion

lucaswhite87
Paper Tape
Views: 3,233
Message 10 of 12

yeah im completely up to date in updates on the lenovo vantage app. very very annoying. Seems like a pretty common problem and i still cant work out how to fix it

Top Kudoed Authors