Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bagseye
Paper Tape
Views: 419
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 520 with battery problems

I bought the Yoga just coming up to a year ago and have noticed that the battery life has been getting gradually worse, to awful. To the point that I now get about 2-3 hours of use off a full charge using medium performance settings and generally just coding work when it is being used.

I've kept the system up to date and regularly run the battery down before charging it again. After running powercfg/batteryreport in CMD it confirmed what I knew. The battery is faulty.

Design capacity of 52,500mWh when new (although full charge capacity even then was not maximum - 51,880mWh).

Full charge capacity is now: 20,330mWh and has been degrading constanly since new. I've raised a ticket with support but I am not holding out any hope because based on the responses here people seem to blame the user before the battery, even when there seems to be a high number of complaints about the quality of these batteries.

Has anyone else experienced a similar drain and have documented evidence of it?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 371
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 520 with battery problems

Hi bagseye! 

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forum! 

First of all, we're sorry about the trouble. It would be best to get in touch with the Lenovo UK Support: 0333-777-3991 Mon-Fri 09:00-18:00 and inquire about the service as this could be a hardware malfunction with the battery. Let us know if you have any other concern. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

satishkm
What's DOS?
Views: 173
Message 3 of 4

There is no help from either the customer care or the service person after repeated complaints and discussions. Their claim is that the diagnostic tool is showing that battery health is 100% good, but the backup is very poor. Apparently, neither the chat support nor the service agent was able to solve the issue. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 155
Message 4 of 4

Hi! If the issue has not been resolved, a service is required. Where you able to setup service from our support? You can check the warranty entitlement status here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup. Just provide the serial number. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors