Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kamse
Not applicable
Views: 117
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 530 14 Enter button activates on sliding finger over, not pushing

So my new Yoga 530 14" is working perfectly fine, except the ENTER button activates even with a finger touching/sliding over it, not pushing it down. It will keep making new lines until i mess with the ENTER button again. 

More details:

I can try to hit the return button and the tip of the buttom of my finger will hit the ENTER button and it makes new lines, so its a big issue, as a programmer =)

I can't remember if it was straight from the box issue (nothing feels right when you first use it Smiley Wink ), but i havent updated much else than windows/drivers. 

I dont want to return this, but i cant use it with a messed up ENTER button, please help

MOD: Added model to title

Maru_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 70
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 530 14 Enter button activates on sliding finger over, not pushing

Hi Kamse,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Let's run the System Update via Lenovo Vantage and install all the updates. Here's a video on How to get the latest drivers and BIOS With Lenovo Vantage. If you cannot find the app, here's a download link for the Lenovo Vantage app. After, installing all the updates, restart your laptop and check if the issue persists.

Please update us on how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Kamse
Not applicable
Views: 54
Message 3 of 4

I had already installed Vantage and updated everything, so the problem still persist.

I feel like it has been slightly less 'over'-sensitive after using it some hours, but maybe Im imagining things. It was difficult enough to even type this post.

ChrisE_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 35
Message 4 of 4

Hey there, Kamse! 

We highly recommend contacting the Lenovo Support at +45 89881536 - For Lenovo & Idea products #2 - Idea Products :9:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday and inquire for a repair service as this could be a hardware problem with the Enter key on the laptop. Alternatively, you can bring the laptop to a service provider https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 (filter by country) and check for a complete diagnosis/repair service. We hope everything will turn out smoothly. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors