11-25-2019

GB

2 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 530-14ARR Shuts down whenever lid closes

2019-11-25, 21:43 PM

I recently upgraded the RAM on my yoga 530 and noticed this issue soon after, but swapping the memory sticks back didn't fix the issue. 

Whenever I close the lid and open it again, the display won't turn on. The powerlight remains on, so I end up having to hold the power button down to turn the system off and on again, rebooting the laptop.

When I leave the lid closed for say an hour or more, the laptop completely shuts down by itself. 

I've only set it to sleep, not hibernate or turn off. I've treid playing around with the power settings, resetting bios etc. All drivers are up to date.

I'm really beginning to lose patience with this - is there anything else I can try or anything that'll definitely fix it. I don't care if I lose everything on my desktop at this point.

Thanks

(a very frustrated college student)

Options

733 Posts

08-02-2018

US

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 530-14ARR Shuts down whenever lid closes

2019-11-26, 11:44 AM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You might want to try the little trick in this discussion

If still does the same, then we suggest to back up your data and reset the laptop to its factory settings.

You may find the steps on how to reset the laptop using the OneKey Recovery here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht077084

Let us know how it goes.

Auxen

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save