Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xalzor
Paper Tape
Views: 272
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 530-14IKB Sound crackling/distorted

Hello! Today my new Yoga 530 has arrived and during Windows setup I instantly noticed some distorted/crackling audio from the speakers. First I thought its because no drivers were installed or something like that but after setting up Windows the issue still remained. Upon investaging this issue I noticed its the left speaker that has this issue the right speaker is fine. Would like to ask for some help so I can solve this issue.

What I already tried:

-Updating Windows 10 and the build version to the latest one

-Updating sound drivers from the Lenovo site

-Trying a headset with both USB and Headphone jack ports (Headset worked completely fine in both ways no audio issue)

-Updating BIOS

-Updating Intel 620 HD Driver

Here is a link to the audio sample: SpeakerProblem

Thanks for the help! Smiley Happy

Xalzor
Paper Tape
Views: 221
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 530-14IKB Sound crackling/distorted

Anybody? Smiley Sad

bergywonderland
Fanfold Paper
Views: 217
Message 3 of 4

It will be a hardware issue with the speaker unit itself - I'd raise a support ticket/call support and get either the speaker replaced or laptop swapped out if it can't be replaced

I have a Yoga 530 (with the ryzen CPU) and I've never had any crackling or distortion, so it's not normal, it will be a faulty speaker.

Xalzor
Paper Tape
Views: 210
Message 4 of 4

Isnt it possible to just buy replacement speakers somewhere? I can replace it myself, it would be a much quicker procedure than sending it back and waiting for repair or replacement.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors