cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vietor
Paper Tape
Views: 364
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 530-14IKB: stylus insufficiently configurable + cannot right click and drag

Hello, I have a new Yoga 530 laptop and I am having troubles to configure the pen which is shipped with it. There are two problems:

1) The buttons on the pen cannot be configured to send mouse button signals: particularly, ability to press middle mouse button would be great. (For example if working with linux in virtualbox)

2) Right click is possible via option Barrel button (the name is confusing, but ok... let it be). However, click and drag is not possible: the right click signal is emitted on a short click. If dragging, the stylus acts as if I did not hold the barrel button. This is an essential feature. Right click dragging is used in many GUIs.

Could you please fix it? Thank you.

For configuration I am using Lenovo Pen Settings. I have also tried the windows control panel's Pen & Windows Ink.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 345
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 530-14IKB: stylus insufficiently configurable + cannot right click and drag

Hi Vietor! Welcome to our forums community. Have you checked the batteries? Did the pen work fine before? If not, could you provide the part or model of the pen so we could check? There is a possibility that the pen is not compatible. For more information, you can check the models of Yoga 530 -14IKB here under the PEN tab: https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Lenovo_Tablets_and_Convertibles/Yoga_530_14_Intel

If you got the Lenovo Active pen 2, here is the direction: Quick Start Guide or Active Pen 2 Overview

Admin note: link shortener converted to full URL for clarity

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

vietor
Paper Tape
Views: 337
Message 3 of 4

Re: Yoga 530-14IKB: stylus insufficiently configurable + cannot right click and drag

The Lenovo model is 81EK007LCK. The pen works, it just lacks some features that would be helpful (so that it could be used instead of mouse): drag with right button (=barrel button), middle click.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 328
Message 4 of 4

Are you using a Lenovo Active Pen 2? If not, then we suggest using a Lenovo Active Pen 2. Please refer to the system information here: https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Lenovo_Tablets_and_Convertibles/Yoga_530_14_Intel

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors