Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MayBee
What's DOS?
Views: 51
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 530 Power cable adapter available?

Hi there, 

I am a new user of a Yoga 530 and was wondering if there is a possibility to charge the device with a powerbank? I know that the USB-C ports are not capable of charging the laptop and that the laptop needs to be charged via the small round plug (sry I don't know the technical terms).

The question is rather whether there is a power cable available that has a USB plug on the "non-laptop" side so I can then plug that into my powerbank (or a USB charging station)? Hopefully, the question is understandable.

Thaks for any help!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 44
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 530 Power cable adapter available?

Short answer is no. The USB Type A ports on power banks, et al, deliver 5V at around 1 or 2A. Your 530's slim-tip charging port is looking for Around 20 volts (I don't have the exact voltage available, offhand, but it'll be listed on the charger that came with the computer). Creating a USB to slim-tip cable could damage both the computer and the power bank. 

Here is an article featuring several power banks that might provide the necessary voltage and current. As I haven't tried any of them, I can't say for sure, but if you're very careful to match voltage, current and connector polarity, you should be able to find one that suits your needs. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors