Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petar-nino
Paper Tape
Views: 661
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 530 USB C to HDMI Not Detecting Monitor

Hi all,

I have purchased a Lenovo Yoga 530. I want it to conect it to second monitor LG 24" but it doesn't work.

I have tried to connect it with type C docking station and also directly. None of the ways works.

With docking station I tried with display port connector and also VGA (docking station has those two connectors, and my monitor also). From docking station to Yoga is with USB type C. Nor DP nor VGA work.

I also tried direct connection without docking station. So, from display port from monitor to HDMI in Yoga (I use an adapter DP to HDMI since I don't have an original DP - HDMI cable). This way it doesn't work either.

The situation is that when I connect the monitor nothing happens. I tried detecting display in Yoga, I tried disabling/enabling monitor/graphic card in device manager, I tried driver update, I tried uninstalling and then installing new driver = nothing works.

Does anybody have an idea what could this be or how can I fix this? For me it's like the graphic card is not working properly, I don't know what else...

Please help

petar-nino
Paper Tape
Views: 614
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 530 USB C to HDMI Not Detecting Monitor

UPDATE ON THE SITUATION

I tried conecting another laptop through docking Type C with connection VGA to VGA in docking, and from docking Type C to Yoga Type C and it works. 

I also tried connecting directly from Yoga to monitor with HDMI both (Yoga nad monitor) and it works.

So at least I know that docking station is working, type C port is working on Yoga and HDMI port is working on Yoga.

Any ideas?!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 603
Message 3 of 4

I'd need more information. Model of LG monitor, make and model of the USB-C dock and make and model of the computer it all works on. 

Assuming a 3rd party dock, know that all USB-C accessories don't work the same on all brands of computers. You may need to try a dock confirmed as working with 530s. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
petar-nino
Paper Tape
Views: 567
Message 4 of 4

Hi Doctordon,

monitor model nr. is LG 24MB64PYG (it has VGA and Display port connections). Docking station is Lenovo ThinkPad USB Type C Dock - EU 40A90090EU. Lenovo Yoga model is NB Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 81EK00BYSC 530 i5/8GB/14"/SSD256GB/Win10.

Model of computer is HP ProBook, I'm not sure the exact model, but it has a Type C connector.

From the company where we bought Yoga, they suggested that this docking station is for that specific Yoga.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors