Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-Elad-
What's DOS?
Views: 1,391
Message 1 of 9

Yoga 530 dock

I am looking for a small dock for the Yoga 530, with usb-a, display output and ethernet ports.

I tried several ones which connect to a usb-c port on the laptop, and they all do not work (the Lenovo Travel Hub has even failed to power on), which possibly indicates a low-power usb-c port on this model.

I am now considering a dock which connects to the usb-a port on the laptop.

Does anyone know a dock which meets the requirements and works with the Yoga 530?

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,363
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga 530 dock

Hi -Elad-

Welcome to the community forums. 

Unfortunately, we don't have compatible Docking Station for this unit. https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/docksSearch/ 

Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

-Elad-
What's DOS?
Views: 1,358
Message 3 of 9

Any 3rd party docks which are known to work?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,353
Message 4 of 9

We've tried to look for any users who connected a third party docking station on their Yoga 530 but failed to find any. We don't have list of third party docking stations that will work on this unit as well. We would suggest contacting a third party online or store docking station reseller for any suggestions. Thank you. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

NicholasCharles
Blue Screen Again
Views: 886
Message 5 of 9

I have read the comments on dock for Lenovo yoga 530

im basically trying to link two external monitors to my laptop 

I’ve tried adding one laptop via the single hdmi slot but when I tried connecting second monitor via hdmi / usb-c the second monitor isn’t recognised / detected

i was hoping a dock would solve problem 

are both docks 400/90 and 900/90 not compatible ?

if not what are my options ? 

Nb. I can use a hdmi splitter to link the two hdmi cables to one port but it is a single output. Only replicates the second extended window. Does create a display 3

any hep welcome 

thank you 

bergywonderland
Fanfold Paper
Views: 871
Message 6 of 9

So the USB-C port on this laptop is there for decoration only?  

What is it actually for - it doesn't charge, and it doesn't connect to external displays or docks, so it's basically useless?  A gimmick?

Ebsanli
What's DOS?
Views: 488
Message 7 of 9

Hi,

I have same problem, did you find any solution?

regards

bergywonderland
Fanfold Paper
Views: 293
Message 8 of 9

Sorry no solution.

The USB-C port on the Yoga 530 is there for decoration only.

You could maybe use it to stick your old gum in, it's about the only use for this port.

Mike931
What's DOS?
Views: 76
Message 9 of 9

Hi Mate, did you tryed something universal like : https://amzn.to/2lHmevh or https://amzn.to/2lgXLNf ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors