Options

7 Posts

06-11-2019

CH

7 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 1 of 6

Yoga 530 - keyboard missing strokes or typing several multiple characters in a row

2019-10-01, 8:05 AM

Hi everyone

I desperately need help with the following issue:

my Yoga 530 is barely 7 months old and for the past 2 months the keyboard has been malfunctioning:

it randomly misses keystrokes or types multiple characters after I press a key once.

I've seen this issue reported before in the forum but I've not seen any recent solutions. Nevertheless, I've tried all suggestions, such as:

- formatting the laptop;

- replacing BIOS (as suggested in old posts)¨

-sending the laptop to be serviced by Lenovo; the service Team returned the laptop saying that they could not reproduce the problem and that the keyboard was checked and was working fine

Note that:

- the on-screen keyboard works fine

- the keyboard diagnosis tool doesn't detect any issue with the hardware

- after formatting the laptop and re-installing windows, the keyboard works fine for a couple of days and then the problem starts again.

I suspect that the issue is caused by some sort of software incompatibility but I don't have anything exotic installed and I've un-installed programs one by one and no luck...

I don't know much about IT, this is my work computer and I'm freelance so this is making me waste a LOT of precious time....I'm ready to throw this laptop out of the window. Since this does not seem to be a hardware issue, Lenovo's support doesn't feel it's their responsibility to find a solution so I would REALLY appreciate if anyone from this smart community could help.

Thank you so much in advance!

Susana

Options

7 Posts

06-11-2019

CH

7 Signins

61 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 530 - keyboard missing strokes or typing several multiple characters in a row

2019-10-02, 10:46 AM

Any clue on what might be going on, anyone?

Should I go back to Lenovo a see if Tech support would be willing to investigate further?

Thanks!

Options

1 Posts

10-23-2019

AU

1 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 3 of 6

Re: Yoga 530 - keyboard missing strokes or typing several multiple characters in a row

2019-10-23, 9:37 AM

I have the same isssue. It seems to only happen with two specific keys on my laptop at the moment. Seems to be some sort of hardware issue as I had the issue persist when running in Linux. I've put in a support ticket so hopefully I can send it in and get it fixed.

Options

1 Posts

11-16-2019

GB

4 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-11-16, 13:42 PM

I have exactly the same issues. Driving us mad. Its any of the characters on the number keys. Its as if the shift key only works intermittently and so we cant acces say a ! or a £ ......also I get key strokes that repeat randomly when pressed only once. Its intermittent though and I wondered if its when the laptop is communicating wirelessly?  Has anyone any suggestions

Options

7 Posts

06-11-2019

CH

7 Signins

61 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

Re:Yoga 530 - keyboard missing strokes or typing several multiple characters in a row

2020-05-12, 11:27 AM

Hi Nic

I doubt that it's a hardware issue. This was the suggestion from Lenovo's support so I've sent my laptop to be checked/and everything was fine apparently, they didn't detect any issue. However, a couple of hours after setting up my Windows10 and Office365 the issue comes back.

Did they detect any hardware issue in your case?

Thanks

Susana

Options

7 Posts

06-11-2019

CH

7 Signins

61 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-05-12, 11:29 AM
Hi Vanessa I simply stopped using this laptop as this was driving me mad too! But my old laptop broke down so I need to look for a solution again. Have you been able to fix your problem? Thanks Susana
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete