Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

02-22-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 7

Yoga 7 - SLEEP

2021-02-22, 21:51 PM

Why can't lenovo finally fix the sleep mode in their laptops. Am I the only one who can't get this dumb laptop to just go into sleep mode and have to hibernate to make it more or less reliable????

It does go to sleep.... mostly.. but sometimes the fan just keeps running and you have to open and close the lid a few times to make it finally sleep. Sometimes it wakes up on its own.

A slightest mice movement will wake it up and leave it running and I can't find a way to disable that. Wend through all of the devices and turned off power management but it makes no difference. 

It is really getting on my nerves.

Options

2317 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

256 Signins

22722 Page Views

• Views: 22722
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Yoga 7 - SLEEP

2021-02-23, 14:21 PM

Hello @stsh!

Nice to have you here at the Community Forums!

Can you please provide us your device's MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

6 Posts

02-22-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-02-23, 16:39 PM
sure, yoga 7 14itl5
Options

8978 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77783 Signins

2227745 Page Views

• Views: 2227745
  • Message 4 of 7

2021-02-23, 17:15 PM

@ stsh wrote:

sure, yoga 7 14itl5

The MTM will look like this - as an example - 82BJ0001US

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

2317 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

256 Signins

22722 Page Views

• Views: 22722
  • Message 5 of 7

2021-02-23, 17:24 PM

Thanks for providing your device's details @stsh!

Upon checking, it turns out the Yoga 7-14ITL5 Laptop supports Modern standby out of the box, different to the classic S3 sleep mode. In modern standby, the CPU stays powered on as intended, so it’s not advised to be transporting the system in this state. I was trying to look in PSREF for the information, but its not stated in the official specs. It’s being stated in many reviews of the laptop and seems to be a common sleep-state for Intel 10th Gen CPUs.

You can check the supported power states through the “powercfg /a” command in command prompt, but usually if the modern standby is supported, the classic sleep states aren’t. As we've been looking further into the modern standby option, it seems that some users were able to revert it back to S3 sleep mode through editing the registry, do take note that changing registries may pose risk so best to backup first before proceeding if you feel that it is an option for you.

You may also remove any peripherals that are also plugged to the machine before it goes to Sleep mode like USB flash drives, mouse or keyboard so that it will not disrupt the Yoga 7 itself when it Sleep mode.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

6 Posts

02-22-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-02-23, 18:58 PM

Yes, exactly. It supports modern standby ONLY and that is the problem.

FYI: usually if s0 sleep is disabled the s3 will become available if supported by the bios. Not in this case because s0 is the only sleep mode that's available. So disabling it via registry will do nothing in terms of reenabling the s3. Bios by itself completely omits any settings to do with standby. 

The suggestion about removing peripherals is a complete nonsense and I hope you understand that. Who needs a computer that requires a user to disconnect everything every single time just to put it on standby? It might sound strange but most users who work behind desks have usb hubs, monitors, keyboards, mice and many other devices connected to their laptops. And they do this in order to do work.

@ Adriel_lenovo wrote:

Thanks for providing your device' details @stsh!

Upon checking, it turns out the Yoga 7-14ITL5 Laptop supports Modern standby out of the box, different to the classic S3 sleep mode. In modern standby, the CPU stays powered on as intended, so it’s not advised to be transporting the system in this state. I was trying to look in PSREF for the information, but its not stated in the official specs. It’s being stated in many reviews of the laptop and seems to be a common sleep-state for Intel 10th Gen CPUs.

You can check the supported power states through the “powercfg /a” command in command prompt, but usually if the modern standby is supported, the classic sleep states aren’t. As we' been looking further into the modern standby option, it seems that some users were able to revert it back to S3 sleep mode through editing the registry, do take note that changing registries may pose risk so best to backup first before proceeding if you feel that it is an option for you.

You may also remove any peripherals that are also plugged to the machine before it goes to Sleep mode like USB flash drives, mouse or keyboard so that it will not disrupt the Yoga 7 itself when it Sleep mode.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Options

1 Posts

03-29-2021

Belgium

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-03-29, 21:39 PM

I concur that this is problematic.

As a student who has to carry his laptop in his bag between classes, not having a mode that is intended to be used for transportation outside shutting down is a very bad experience. Especially since battery life is essential in my situation.

It would help me a lot if this was fixed as I am now forced to use my old machine for daily use on campus.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms