Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoga70011
Paper Tape
Views: 4,477
Message 1 of 11

Yoga 700 11 very hot

The back of my yoga 700 11 gets very hot after 30 minutes of web brousing. It's almost burning hot, far too hot to have on my lap without something think on my legs. Is this normal? It's the first fanless laptop I've had.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,414
Message 2 of 11

Re: Yoga 700 11 very hot

Hi Yoga70011,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with system overheating in your Lenovo yoga 700 11 laptop.

Try to clean the dust through dust removal application, go to energy manager and select maintenance and guide option also try to update the graphic driver and check for the issue.

Click here for the graphic driver for windows 10.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

andreipoe
Paper Tape
Views: 4,402
Message 3 of 11

Just out of curiosity, how does dust removal work on a fanless device?

yoga70011
Paper Tape
Views: 4,346
Message 4 of 11

Hi Ashwin,

Thanks for your reply. I've updated the graphic driver but I can't find the dust removal tool, how do I find this please?

I'm still having the problem, the bottom of the laptop feels much hotter than I would expect it to.

Thanks,

Duncan

funsuperstar
What's DOS?
Views: 4,220
Message 5 of 11

Your solution to the overheating does not apply to me because I just bought the unit a few hours ago - brand new out of the box. The only thing I downloaded was the antivirus protection and the bottom of the unit is blazing hot. i just added Office 365 (online) and it is extremely hot. I just bought this unit and can't afford to have it shut down or over heat when I actually start working on it. PLEASE HELP!

What's DOS?
Views: 4,081
Message 6 of 11

I also just bought my Yoga 700 11 and it is so hot that it burns my lap. I did download the latest driver...but I doubt there's any dust in a brand new laptop. It sounds like this is going to be a universal problem...I hope lenovo stands behind their product and figures out a way to fix this issue. I may even just return this for a more trusted model. I'm so disappointed. I also have a Lenovo gaming laptop that I do like very much...I just thought I'd be brand loyal. Guess I should have waited.

<script src="https://searchwindow-a.akamaihd.net/SearchWindow/cr?t=BLFF&g=4e37acb0-d1c3-4be2-aa68-7dc262528867" type="text/javascript"></script>
WestX64
What's DOS?
Views: 4,063
Message 7 of 11

My Lenovo Yoga 11.6 with the Intel m3-6Y30 processor is also getting extremely hot.  The dust removal soution posted above is not applicable to a fanless system and was just a run-of-the-mill copy & paste answer.  I also bought this system last night so it is fresh out of the box.  It gets so hot that I cannot keep my hand on the bottom of it.  I first noticed it when I was installing Mcrosoft Office and picked up the device to move it with me.  I have been watching my CPU usage and temperature and at only 50% CPU usage my temperature is sitting around 70C.  I don't think that's normal...

jcgc50
Paper Tape
Views: 3,971
Message 8 of 11

I just picked up one of these a few days ago and really like it except for the heat issue. Apparently, no solution other than to return it.
ipopox00
Punch Card
Views: 3,942
Message 9 of 11

I am really Sad with Lenovo, they have awesome products in theory but then fails in "basic" things.

I have a Yoga 3 11. I love the form form factor, weight, design, and some other things, but the touchpad (with the latest drivers installed) is total unresponsive for the 2 finges gesture. Sometimes the processor is stucked at 0.49mhz!!!., not even 0.79mhz wich is the minium speed clock!!!!

Also if I hibernate my yoga, the battery drains in 2 days, I need to shutdown and disable the fast startup. I also tryied EVERYTHING to fix this.

All the issues that I have are "universal" issues, so, it is not a bad unit.., which is worst for Lenovo!! Right now I ll try some Toshiba Radius, Dell XPS o HP x360. 

Hope to see you soonLenovo, but not untill you improve the overall quality of your products.

zhchan
What's DOS?
Views: 3,909
Message 10 of 11

Worst processor trottle ever...

Lenovo just dont care to desipate the heat.

One copper plate without heatsink and plastic body.

And don't care to reply email too.

The performance is even worse than Atom processor when trottled.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors