Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJK2
Paper Tape
Views: 75
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 700-11isk Touchpad driver wont install

I was recently given a Lenovo Yoga 700-11isk by a friend (without the hard drive) in which the motherboard had failed. A replacement motherboard and hard drive have been fitted and I have successfully reinstalled Windows 10 Home. Everything is working perfectly except for the touchpad. First i have verified that the touchpad has not been disabled. Next I downloaded the drivers from the Lenovo support page and installed the driver and all appears to install correctly but when I check device manager there is an exclamation mark on the device.

Device: I2C HID Device

Status: This device cannot start (Code 10), A request for the HID descriptor failed.

Drivers: hidi2c.sys and mshidkmdf.sys both from Microsoft

I then tried to manually update the drivers first allowing the  OS to search, there is no change and it keeps the old drivers. Next I tried to manually select the driver choosing let me pick from a list, browsing to location of downloaded drivers and selecting the folder with the driver files. This also does not work, I get the message that this location dosent contain a compatible software driver. The driver file at this location is EDI2C.sys.

Has anyone experience this before or are their any ideas what i should try next.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors