Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan42
What's DOS?
Views: 322
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 700 11isk changing OS

Hi,

I bought a Yoga 700 isk11 and it uses Windows 10. I am not a big fan of Win 10 so I intend do install Win 7.

Unfortunately it was not possible for me up to now. It does not boot from my USB device (Bios option in Windows 10). The USB Win 7 works. It starts on my PC (changed to boot order) and asks me if I want to install Win 7.

How is it possible to do the same with this laptop?

It has a clean Windows 10 installation on it, no extra SW installed, ...

I just want to ged rid of Win 10 and install Win 7 (I saved Win 10 succesfully on USB before).

Happy for any help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 301
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 700 11isk changing OS

Hello and welcome,

Presuming that you're using a "stock" Windows 7 installer, at minimum you'll need to go to BIOS, disable Secure Boot in the Security tab, and set the boot mode to Legacy in the Boot tab.

It's also possible to build a UEFI-bootable Win 7 installer if you want to go that way.

Keep in mind that Lenovo doesn't support Win 7 - or provide Win 7 drivers - on that model so you'll be on your own to scrounge up usable drivers.  If they exist.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Jan42
What's DOS?
Views: 280
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 700 11isk changing OS

Thanks, I will try that. I found drivers. The Series is quite old (2015) and there exist drivers for the Yoga 700.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors