Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mal1
Paper Tape
Views: 536
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 700 14 screen backlight bleed

Since I got my laptop there has been a problem with screen backlight bleed in the bottom left-hand corner of the display. It is clearly noticeable when in a dark environment, showing dark content on the screen or when the screen brightness is turned up high, however, it is not that noticeable in normal use. Lenovo has offered a repair but I am interested in hearing whether people think this is worth it.

I am worried that after the inconevience of backing up all my data and sending my laptop away, the repair will not make much difference to the issue, as it affects nearly all laptops so some degree. Does anyone have any experience with getting this kind of issue repaired and if so was it worth it?

PWVR4
Paper Tape
Views: 187
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 700 14 screen backlight bleed

Did u ever send it in for repair? I got 3 of the 710 laptops and 2 have really bad bleed but the 1 I kept is a lot better with just a little bleed in the lower left. Same boat as you. Lenovo offered repair but I'm hesitant it might come back worse. 

Mal1
Paper Tape
Views: 178
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 700 14 screen backlight bleed

I did... they weren't able to fix it and the service was really bad. It took me about a month to get the laptop back and that was only because I rang around various call centres and offices whose contact details I had to look up myself until I found someone who could tell me where my laptop was and get it back to me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors