10-15-2016 01:24 PM
Hello "Lenovo community",
First sorry for my english
I start this post because my laptop Yoga 700-14ISK have a big issue. After a night in hibernating mode when i opened it the keyboard and the mouse was not working.
- I try to do fn + F6 but nothing.
- I try to go in tablet mode and back in desktop but nothing.
- I try to reboot but nothing.
- I try to reinstall drivers for trackpad and keyboard and after reboot ... nothing.
- I try to go in the bios and wooooo the keybord is working at this point i m so happy i can do my presentation at work tomorow ... I leave the BIOS .. back in windows ... nothing ! What the f..
- I try to boot in Ubuntu with a USB LIVE ... nothing !! Oh my G..
- I try to FLASH the BIOS with the last version .. nothing .......
- I try to reinstall Windows 10 through the one recovery backup ... nothing ...
- I try to empty the battery but guess what .. nothing !
I use the word nothing too much at this point and I dont remember what i did because ofcourse i try all google can offer to me as solution but NOTHING !!
My theories :
- Sensor who detect switch beetwyn tablet and desktop is broken.
- Somewhere in the motherboard there is a memory keep a bad config and someone said me i should reset the CMOS but i dont know how i can do this witheout open the laptop and break the guarantee.
If somone have a suggestion or resolv the same issue please help me.
In advance thank for all your contribution and read my bad english so far.
10-18-2016 01:27 AM - last edited on 10-18-2016 07:58 AM by Majestic
Mod's Comment: Please be advised that bumping your post is only allowed after 3 days. Any bumps sooner will be removed as they unfairly move new postings farther down the list.
11-30-2017 10:09 PM
I have the same problem keyboard and trackpad not working on Yoga 700-141SK.. I have tried reset it to factory settings; disabled YMC; install new driver; updated BIOS; and installed new windows.... Nothing worked.... Then I read somewhere that someone drained the battery until completely dead, till laptop shutdown, then waited for few hours and plugged in charger.... I did just that and it worked.... Hope it works for you..
12-20-2017 03:04 PM
Hi Jinlab - Just run the laptop (for example play movies) to drain the battery COMPLETELY dead until the laptop shut off. Press the power on/off button to make sure the laptop could not turn on because battery drained... then plug in the charger to recharge, the keyboard should now work... It worked for me twice already..
12-21-2017 03:39 AM
So many many many many thanks to you, it amazingly worked !!!
I have a mouse and a keybord again with my Yoga 700 14ISK.
Don't have enough words to say so thank you !
I don't understand why lenovo support doesn't say this tips.
I wish you the best, and as i am europpean i wish you a happy new year !
12-21-2017 06:00 AM
Hi Jeremie - Glad to hear it worked for you, and hope it won't happen to you again... In my case it happened a few times already and I have to repeat the same procedure to make it worked again... Very frustrating, but no choice since my laptop is 2 years old and out of warranty.
Merry Christmas and a very happy new year 2018 to you too...Cheers..
03-02-2018 07:10 AM
This often happens because of a power surge or such. The easiest way is to completely drain the battery as stated previously. The method I use since my laptop is out of warranty is to take off the bottom and disconnect the battery lead and then reconnect. Poof, problem gone.