cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kasia1983
Paper Tape
Views: 6,729
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 700-14ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Stylus???

Hi everyone. So I've noticed this subject being touched on for other models but mine doesn't seem to be listed anywhere plus a lot of the posts are a bit older now...I'm looking for an up date on this issue maybe.

I'm looking for a stylus or pen that will go with my touch screen device. My goal ideally would be to use illustrator or photoshop to make simple sketches and even illustrations or paintings.

So far a few styli I have tried don't work. The dollar store rubber tip one will draw a wobbly line which is useless while a more expensive Adonit Jot Pro with a clear disk on the tip...hardly manages a continuous line at all. 

It also doesn't help that the Lenovo site doesn't list ANY accessories for my device along the lines of pens/styli and half the time the site tells me I have a Thinkpad and half the time it's an Ideapad. And sometimes my model isn't even listed at all anywhere on the accessories drop down!

This is my first time switching to a non-mac/apple product and so far I have to say I'm really not too impressed but still hopeful things will work out. My Yoga 700 came out of the box with driver issues as well as a desperate need for a firmware update that would fix ghost touch screen tap issues that kept closing windows... But I guess those can just be called growing pains. I would really like to make full use of my touch screen so I'm looking for a pen or stylus with pressure sensitivity and palm rejection that integrates with illustrator at least... blue tooth or usb is fine if such a thing even exists.

I have contacted Adonit directly and they say some of their styli may work, but some may not. And the one I have tried which they say should work does NOT so that's worrisome. It makes me think most of them wont...

Next I contacted Wacom and their customer service was useless and kept refering me back to their list of approved devices...well some "Yoga" devices were listed but not MY yoga device so they failed to clarify that for me to any degree.

I know there are some styli on the Lenovo site that seem to have good reviews but again, they seem to be listed for SOME other Yoga device but not MY yoga... so have I basically painted myself into a corner with this purchase? What's the point of even making a touch screen if you can't do anything besides poke at it to select one thing at a time........

Say it ain't so guys! I would really like some help/input on this as soon as possible!

Thank you!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 6,649
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 700-14ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Stylus???

I'm very sorry, but your Yoga 700 does NOT have the hardware built in to support an active pen with pressure sensitivity and plam rejection. You can only use a passive pen, which as you have found is a very poor substitute for the real thing.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Kasia1983
Paper Tape
Views: 6,646
Message 3 of 6

Hi, thank you for that reply. At least now I know.

What hardware is missing to allow for that just so I know for the future?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 6,642
Message 4 of 6

The device would need to have a Wacom AES digitiser panel built in with the display panel. That's not part of the Yoga 700 design.

If you really want active pen support, you're going to have to get another device. Lenovo manufacture such devices in both the ThinkPad and IdeaPad ranges. For the IdeaPad, the Yoga 900s would be one that supports the active pen.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Kasia1983
Paper Tape
Views: 6,637
Message 5 of 6

Thanks again for your quick reply. That helps me a lot. I wish I knew this before I purchased it. I will do more research next time. 

virgosun
Token Ring
Views: 5,256
Message 6 of 6

Hi guys, bought a Jot Pro today aroud 40$ in my area. Very good

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors