Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 1,057
Message 1 of 9

Yoga 700 - Scrolling - hand with pointer finger on screen

So sometimes when i am scrolling in laptop mode or in tablet mode, i notice a hand with the pointer finger icon when i touch the screen. WHy is that there sometimes?  Also other times i see a smaller white dot or something there.  How do i get rid of that when i scroll?

Moderator comment: Model name, based on previous threads, added to subject for clarity.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,040
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga 700 - Scrolling - hand with pointer finger on screen

Good day.

Does the pointer look like this:

link-pointer.jpg

(image clip source = Pointers tab of the Mouse Properties Control Panel)

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 1,023
Message 3 of 9

Yeah sometimes it is that and other times it is a white spec and hard to tell.  Then other times it is nothing and i scroll without seeing anything on the screen.  I think sometimes it is because i had used the touchpad right before i when to the touch screen.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,014
Message 4 of 9

The "spot" might be the visual touch feedback feature

Please open Control Panel, open the Pen and Touch control panel, switch to the Touch tab and deselect "Show visible..." item. See if that removes the "spot".

Regards.

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 1,003
Message 5 of 9

No, i already had visual feedback turned off. It is a white spec that i see sometimes.  It is not visual feedback.  And why is the hand with finger pointed showing sometimes when i scroll with touch screen?? Can anyone answer any of these questions here?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,000
Message 6 of 9

I have no idea about the "speck" you're describing.

The pointer icon may be changing to the hand (link select) icon as you scroll over a clickable link on the page. Try moving the pointer around using the touchpad and you'll see it change as you hover over a clickable link.

Regards.

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 998
Message 7 of 9

So i learned that when you use the touch pad it activates the hand if you are on a certain site. Then when you use the touch screen it drags around that hand. Or if you use the touch pad and it is in an area that activates the arrow , then if u use the touch screen you move that pointer around. So if you take the hand or pointer to the outside of screen and tap , it goes away and you can scroll without those in the way.

I still see a little white dot and if you move in a circle you can see the white dot.  Anyway that is the deal with the hand and the pointer so i know how to get rid of them when scrolling in the lap top mode.

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 980
Message 8 of 9

RE: Yoga 700 touch screen - little blue circle

Sometimes while using the touch screen , I notice a little blue circle next to where i am touching the screen. Does anyone else get this with the Lenovo Yoga 700 in laptop mode? on Windows 10. I have this tonight and there is also a little white dot or maybe it is like a mini sized mouse pointer. It is too hard to tell.  How can i get rid of these things.  THe touch is set to show no visible feedback and no other settings exist that I know of.  WHat is this little blue circle?

UPDATE: Ok, I think i figured this out. It happens in Yahoo Politics.  It is because many, many boxes of stories are opening so it shows something is working or running.  Case closed.

ALso, to stop the hand or mouse pointer or small white dot from showing when you are using the touch screen, just switch modes and they disappear.  Any use of the mouse or touch Pad will activate that stuff and then mess up the touch screen experience.  So i figured both of those issues out tonight.   Now i need to figure out why using that touch pad sometimes causes my screen to zoom in.  

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 944
Message 9 of 9

Re: RE: Yoga 700 touch screen - little blue circle

Ok, a better solution here:

I found this one in a Google search:

So if you change 2 settings in MOUSE in the control panel it solves this issue.

You select Display Pointer Trails and also de-select hide pointer while typing. I would also set the Pointer trails to short so you dont notice that.  Apply it and then every time you go to Touch screen , there is no hand, no pointer, no little white dot.  Solves it!  Easier than switchin modes. And i dont even notice the Pointer Trails because it is on short.

UPDATE: When using the News Apps or most apps, and i use the touch screen, i am seeing a very small little pointer icon or cross maybe, under my finger tip.  How do i get rid of that? I dont want anything to show when i am using the touchscreen. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors