Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-02-2016

Philadelphia

3 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 700, noisy fan... any fixes?

2016-02-02, 16:33 PM

I purchased a Yoga 700 14ISK about a month ago. I'm enjoying it so far, with one exception. The computer emits a high pitched noise almost constantly, even when CPU use is low (just browsing, PDF reading, e-mail type things) and the fan turns on very frequently even when the machine isn't running hot. For example, I'm only running Chrome and e-mail right now, but the fan is running at full blast.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and is there a fix for it? I have read about BIOS updates for previous models that allowed access to fan settings. Will something like that be released for this model? 

Like I said, really enjoying using this notebook (recently switched over from a MacBook Pro), but the noise is really annoying. 

Options

27 Posts

03-11-2015

Canada

38 Signins

299 Page Views

• Views: 299
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 700, noisy fan... any fixes?

2016-06-29, 18:16 PM
I believe that this is a problem with all Yoga series laptops (except Yoga 2 Pro). The fan noise is really unbearable - loud and high-pitched...
I've just had mine for a week and thinking of returning it because of this issue.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms