Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandyjm
Paper Tape
Views: 253
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 700 - unhappy with new laptop

I purchased this 2 months ago after doing quite a bit of online research. I just retired and it seemed to fit my needs.

I have not used it that much yet as it seemed I always ran into an issue..and thought maybe it was just me not being used to it yet.

Started using more this past week and have had 3 significat issues:

- Circles appearing all over screen, curser jumping around...had to shut down manually with side on/off button. Called Lenovo and they said whatever the installed drivers were not set up to operate with Windows 10 so they fixed that for me. What ? So, you have to wait til you have an issue ( this had been happening on and off since my pruchase) to find out your laptop is not properly equipped?

-Today, everytime I entered my pin, the laptop shut down. Called Lenovo and rep said she never heard of it...although I searched and found the issue listed here. She walked me throgh a reboot and OK now...but again..what ?

- This one maybe be a Microsoft issue..but neither Lenovo or Micrsoft was able to help.  All of my data from an excel spreadsheet was erased ..even though I had been saving input every day for 2 weeks,  I read that there are no longer "previous versions" available on Excel...so is using an external back up every day the only way to avoid this ?

Sorry, I know I have probably more than one topic...I'm very disappointed in the product and had high hopes for it. Lenovo rep today suiggested I go back to Best Buy with my complaint.... sigh.....

Anyone else disappointed with the product ?

Thanks for any input.

Sandy

zetabit
Fanfold Paper
Views: 189
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 700 - unhappy with new laptop

1) Try to gently wipe the screen , such as a little wet towel wipes

2) u need update windows.
quote:
If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button , then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates. If you’re not seeing the update, hang tight. It'll be available soon.

3)u can try LibreOffice http://libreoffice.org/download/ its free
OR try edit files on google drive http://drive.google.com its also free but google drive works online only
sorry for bad English :-)

zetabit
Fanfold Paper
Views: 182
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 700 - unhappy with new laptop

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors