Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Axel_Seibold
What's DOS?
Views: 137
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 710-11ISK will shut down when screen is flipped

Hi everybody,

I´ve bought a used Yoga 710-11ISK (Pentium, 4GB, 128GB SSD) mid-November 2017. Since then it worked flawlessly and perfect for my usage pattern.

Two days ago I did notice that the notebook didn´t turn on. Expecting an empty battery I´ve charged it, unplugged it and left it sitting until today late afternoon as I was not at home yesterday. However, after charging the battery it still wouldn´t start, so I took a deeper look.

It turned out that the device did turn on if I opened the screen to tent or tablet mode. In that case it worked without any problems. Screen flat on the table or in laptop position caused the notebook to immediately go blank and switch off.

Due to that behaviour, I do suspect some sort of broken display cable between display and base chassis. Is there anything else I can do to verify that? Is that a common problem with Yoga flip-screen devices?

If this proves true, the next step would be to contact Lenovo support to fix it. Therein lies a bit of a problem. It may sound funny, but warranty ended exactly yesterday (09. January 2018), leaving me with a device without warranty. Any good ideas on that issue?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Axel

elektrinis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 70
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 710-11ISK will shut down when screen is flipped

Have you managed to sort it out? Was it the cables around hinges?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors