Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

04-22-2018

Bulgaria

8 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 710 14-IKB 4 hour battery MAX? Advertised as 8+ (What is the problem?)

2018-04-22, 20:20 PM

Hello there. I'll cut to the chase. 

Every single website and review insists that this Lenovo laptop should have more than 8 hours of battery life. Web browsing, HD movie watching at 50% brightness etc. None of that is true. I check if something is draining the battery and thats not the case. Its just the screen or chrome/firefox. I tried different movie players and its the same thing. 4 hours of life with  all battery saver options ON.

I got the laptop because i travel alot and everyone praised the huge battery life on the 2017 model, i know the 2018 one is even better. How come my battery size stayed the same, it didnt degrade more than 1-2%, and yet.. i have never gotten more than 5 hours (with  5% brightness,wifi off and everything else off to) If i want 6 hours, i literally have to just leave the laptop on, without touching it. Any kind of fun or work wil drop it from 6 to 4. In other words, its 4 hours tops.

If i use this laptop as people claim they used it.. (50% brightness,wifi,bluetooth on and watching youtube ) it will last around 2 and a half hours. Thats pretty bad. Im sorry, i dont want to sound rude, i just want to know if its normal, if Lenovo miss informed me on their site, if the reviews (literally all of them) are wrong (or lying?) or is my laptop with a faulty battery from day one.

I asked to return it for another one, the store refused, because the battery "works". (just not as intended i guess?) Here are some details from the windows info.

P.s. Sorry if im not doing this right, its my first forum post ;)

Options

142 Posts

12-11-2010

United States of America

191 Signins

2040 Page Views

• Views: 2040
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 710 14-IKB 4 hour battery MAX? Advertised as 8+ (What is the problem?)

2018-04-23, 11:47 AM

Have you tried a battery calibration?

Follow the steps in the last paragraph here. Perform these steps twice. - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/THE-YOGA-BATTERY-THREAD/td-p/4026408

Also, please post your experience in that thread so we can start to gain some collective info. It's interesting that my 710 14-IKB list its current capacity as 45.16Wh but I still get 6+ hours during calibration.

Options

7 Posts

04-22-2018

Bulgaria

8 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 710 14-IKB 4 hour battery MAX? Advertised as 8+ (What is the problem?)

2018-05-11, 20:42 PM

First of all, i did that command thing, thats how i got the info you asked for :D Second of all, how do you calibarate it? Is it just the battery info that calibares it? Second of all, ill just post what i wrote on ur forum, in case u forgot to check it.

Model of laptop - 710-14IKB

Screen size and type - 14" touchscreen 1080p

Did you get it new (Y/n) -Yes

How long have you had it - 1 year

Listed design capacity of battery - 53 Wh

Current full charge capacity - 48 Wh

How long does it last on a full charge test - 4 hours and 30m, maybe 5.

How do you generaly use your laptop - 

One time, i turn on all battery saving options, brightness to 0, just played 480p movies on my laptop, it lasted around 4 hours. Then, i did the same but with WIFI On and i loaded youtube, again 480p videos and again.. 4 hours and like 30 m.  Sometimes i browse websites and watch a video here, i read a news there.. and boom = 4 hours and 50m. This laptop never had anything close to the 8 hours + reviews praise or amazon/retailers info. On day one, it had a 6 hour life, and i didnt even touch it. I just tested how long it can last if i dont do anything, just screen on for as long as i can have it on. Nothing running. If i use brightness on max (or above 30 %) battery life is UNDER 4 hours, even with energy saving stuff on. I m scard of turning them off, because it will probably go down to 3 hours. Great laptop, but  i really needed it for the awesome "huge" battery.. Lenovo just lied, and i couldnt return it, not even on day one. Everyone said: It works, so u cant return it. I got it because i travel alot and i need a big battery... jokes on me right?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms