Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NoLuck
Fanfold Paper
Views: 858
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 710 14"(Kaby Lake) - BAD build quality

I am on my third Yoga 710 14" unit, all of them had different build quality issues. One was bent, another had a crack between the bottom and top of the chassie, both from factory. On the new one it only took a few weeks before I noticed new problems. 

The laptop makes a lot of noise and creaks whenever I lift it up, open or move the screen lid, just change its position on my lap etc. It makes these cheap creaking noises often seen on very cheap old laptops and toys, but this computer is very expensive so it should not do this. It is not a very loud noise, but you can hear it almost all the time unless the laptop is stationary on a table etc. it is espesially noticable if I lift it up and rotate or mildly shakes it. I've never experienced this before, unless it was a very low end laptop. Have any of you encountered this issue before?

There is also quite a bit of light bleeding in the top right corner. 

It feels very cheap when it makes noises and creaks like that when I simply pick it up. 

GroneN
Fanfold Paper
Views: 557
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 710 14"(Kaby Lake) - BAD build quality

My laptop cracks a lot when adjusted too which is really disappointing to me. The entire body cracks on mine which makes me unsure of the build quality, however in all other aspects this laptop performs and looks like a laptop well above its price point so as long as the build quality issues don't break the laptop, I'm content with having to deal with cheap cracking sounds every now and then.

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 518
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 710 14"(Kaby Lake) - BAD build quality

I've got the 710-14IKB.
The hinges sometimes has a slight creak when opening up but I've seen this on several laptops (even expensive ones) and it doesn't happen every time. Other than that, no bends, cracks, or heavy light bleed.
It looks like you're very unlucky with the ones you've gotten so far.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors