Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-29-2016

United States of America

2 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 1

Yoga 710 141-SK 14" Nvidia 940m goes dark, freezes and must be rebooted.

2016-07-30, 0:03 AM

Hi I Just got this Hybrid from Lenovo, a week ago, it's so new it was made last month. I had just played CSGO in laptop mode using the 940m and right after I ended the game the screen went dark, I tried the power button, but the only thing I could do is reboot and the screen went back to normal.  Then last night I was using it in tablet mode not sure what it was I was doing and the same thing happened again. I have heard there is an issue with Win 10 but that's when you boot  up, I'm concerned this may be a hardware failure particularly the Nvidia GPU as these mobile cards tend to have issues. I have the base warranty so I should be able to have it looked at, anyone  else experience something like what i described, should I send it in to be checked? Could this be a possible software issue like the Win 10 one? Since Posted this yesterday, it happened again, twice in laptop mode, so I put it on a laptop cooler and it hasn't done it since, I haven't done any benchmarks or run anything GPU intensive but I'm inclined to beleive this is a GPU overheating issue and it needs to be looked at.

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms