Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juggernaut41
Paper Tape
Views: 584
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 710 14IKB - Battery Remaining Time Fluctuating

Hi,

It's my second day with this machine, Lenovo just fixed the fan issue luckily the BIOS released the within a day I purchased the laptop (lucky me).

Another minor quirk I am noticing, though.  When on battery, the remaining time in XXHrs XXMins keeps fluctuating.  At a point when the battery is more than 80%, it can show 3hrs 38mins, and within a few min, it can jump to 6hrs 46mins and again drop down to 2hrs 20mins all within a matter of minutes.

It looks more like a dynamic value that keeps changing based on the load at that instant.  Anyone else noticed this issue?  Or is there a setting I need to tweak?

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 502
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 710 14IKB - Battery Remaining Time Fluctuating

Hi juggernaut41, 

This seems to be a drastic battery battery drain. Have you already tried doing a battery gauge reset/battery calibration. If yes and the issue persist, then I would recommend calling Lenovo Warranty Support. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
juggernaut41
Paper Tape
Views: 481
Message 3 of 5

Hey Thanks for your message. Do you know how to do that on my Lenovo 710 Laptop? Thanks!
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 479
Message 4 of 5

Hi, 

Before you do a battery calibration/battery guage reset, please check on Lenovo Settings/Lenovo Companion if the battery is still good. There is a posibility that the battery needs to be replaced. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Highlighted
juggernaut41
Paper Tape
Views: 474
Message 5 of 5

I just checked, it says the condition is 'Good'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors