cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandymv
Blue Screen Again
Views: 284
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 710 14IKB Black screen in some programs with Intel Graphics 520 Driver updates

Good morning!

I wonder if anyone else has either experienced or solved the issue I am currently having with my Yoga 710. I looked for similar postings that may have solved this issue but did not find them so if I missed it, I apologize. 

After visiting the IT help desk at my university several times as certain programs such as Spotify desktop, Zoom, Skype, SPSS Amos Graphics (a statistical modeling program) would open but display a black screen, the technicians realized that the Intel 520 Graphics Driver appeared to cause an issue once it advanced past a particular version of the software. They rolled back the graphics driver and everything was working great until last night my computer wanted to update Windows 10 which automatically updated the graphics driver and eliminated the option to roll back to a previous version of the graphics driver. Now I can't use a significant number of the programs on my laptop. 

I could rollback the Windows update but that doesn't seem helpful overall. It seems silly to keep having to roll back the graphics driver when the Windows update seems to be forcing it to be more up-to-date. On an Intel forum it seems like Intel is saying that Lenovo has tested it and says everything is OK, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Any ideas or links to solutions would be most appreciated!

Best wishes

Mandy

Top Kudoed Authors