Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-01-2017

Netherlands

1 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 710 - 14IKB Fan noise & system interrupts (freezing)

2017-12-01, 19:36 PM

Hi! I've had my laptop for about 6 months now (it was the last model in the store so I don't know how long it has been in use exactly), and am experiencing some issues:

Occasionally, the screen freezes, often with simple things like scrolling through Facebook or opening a new tab. With the task manager, I have noticed that 'System interrupts' opens up every time and takes up the whole CPU at that point. After a minute or so, it unfreezes and I can continue whatever I'm doing, until it freezes again.

Also, my laptop fan regularly becomes very noisy, often also when I am doing nothing special, like reading a simple PDF or word file.  I suspect that these issues might be connected, but I don't know how to solve them. 

I have tried restarting my laptop to help with the freezing and it seems to work for a while (I prefer to put mine in hibernation mode when I close it so I can continue working quickly), but that still doesn't fix the fan issue. Anybody has an idea what could help?

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 710 - 14IKB Fan noise & system interrupts (freezing)

2018-01-05, 10:48 AM

Hello Ingskiej

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

In response to customer reports of unexpected fan noise on Yoga 710 system, Lenovo has released several solutions.

For customers experiencing buzzing fans or fans that make physical sounds like scratching on Yoga 710-14ISK and 15ISK systems, please contact Lenovo Service and reference Service TIP # SF16-I0026. The system will need to be serviced under warranty.

For customers experiencing loud fans on Yoga 710-14IKB and 15IKB systems, BIOS v.26 has been released.

It makes minimal changes to fan speed and performance to reduce fan noise. It can be downloaded here:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS118587

For customers experiencing loud fans on Yoga 710-14ISK and 15ISK systems, BIOS v. 22 has been released.

It makes minimal changes to fan speed and performance to reduce fan noise. It can be downloaded here:

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS112987

If you do not know which model your system is, Lenovo invites you to use Detect My Product, supported by Lenovo Service Bridge.

For any fan issues not covered above, please contact Lenovo Service for assistance

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

24 Posts

12-03-2016

Argentina

44 Signins

320 Page Views

• Views: 320
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 710 - 14IKB Fan noise & system interrupts (freezing)

2018-01-05, 21:28 PM

Please look at my post, i'm experiencing the same issue and found out that downgrading the BIOS fixes the lags/freezes

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-710-15IKB-Latest-Bios-causes-lag-freezes-on-Windows/td-p/3758974

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms