cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drb17
Paper Tape
Views: 903
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 710 -14IKB screen flicker will not go away inspite updated drivers, system etc

I have been having this problem since I purchased. Yoga 710 screen flickers very often, sometimes it scares the hell out of me. Feeling going to lose the laptop. Because of constant travel, missed to extend warranty. Here is the history.

1. Within few months, because of flickering I ended up getting a vertical dead pixel line. Luckily, warranty covered it and replaced with a new screen. However flickering came back on.

2. Tried all solutions - BIOS, system update, changes in Vantage (adaptive display brightness etc). Nothing worked.

Now I am out of warranty.

Having spent all this money, find so many users with the same problem and lenovo's silence - just speaks volumes about their business model. Ethics is dead.

Will never every buy lenovo again. 

B

Sarbo
What's DOS?
Views: 781
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 710 -14IKB screen flicker will not go away inspite updated drivers, system etc

Hi Drb17! Wondering if you got this issue resolved. I have been having this same problem since I have bought the machine and now, just like you have run out of warranty. Any suggestions?
bansleben
What's DOS?
Views: 634
Message 3 of 5

Re: Yoga 710 -14IKB screen flicker will not go away inspite updated drivers, system etc

Same issue here. I bought my Yoga 710 more than a year ago and since then I have constant flickering issues and occasionally my screen freezes with some strange "burn" effect. The thing mostly happens when I type something. It drives my nuts, because sometimes it happens when I'm doing important stuff on my laptop. Drivers and BIOS are up to date and the issue won't go away. I think the problem is something with construction. I'm off of my warranty and I'm thinking about checking out the insides. I read somewhere that tightning the screws helps and someone wrote something about scraping off some paint from some connector. I'm out of ideas on the software side. If I won't fix this myself, it's my last Lenovo laptop, because this is a joke. Period.

Sidheart
Paper Tape
Views: 609
Message 4 of 5

Hey, you should try and update the bio's to the latest version & check if it works. 

bansleben
What's DOS?
Views: 604
Message 5 of 5

Hey, you should read more carefully what others wrote.

I said: "Drivers and BIOS are up to date and the issue won't go away."

Nothing on the software side works!

The Lenovo laptops are defective.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors