cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
federicofdez
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,773
Message 21 of 28

Re: Yoga 710- 14IKB webcam not working with error code: 0xA00F4271(0X80070001)

Hello again,

The only difference I can find with the data you gabortel provide is that my camera is using a previous version of the driver, which dates back to 29/07/2016 (10.0.10586.11211). I also tried installing this older driver when trying to fix my broken camera and neither did it work, so I guess that is not the issue whatsoever.

BR

gabortel
Paper Tape
Views: 5,766
Message 22 of 28

OK, so theoretically you have an identical camera after the repair, and this one works.

Could it be a bad batch of webcams installed originally to these laptops? Who knows...

Thank you for checking this.

Although my current driver is lhe latest according to both Lenovo Support and Microsoft Update Catalog, meanwhile I found a newer one, 12.05.2017, 10.0.15063.11272 here: https://drp.su/en/hwids/USB%5CVID_13D3%26PID_5673?os=windows-10-x64 Did not find anything at Realtek nor Azurewave. I doubt it will help, but I will give it a try soon.

federicofdez
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,763
Message 23 of 28

Yeah, looks like a defective batch to me too...

Keep us posted on your progress!

Highlighted
gabortel
Paper Tape
Views: 5,802
Message 24 of 28

As I expected, that latest driver from drp.su did not solve my no-image problem. But read further, I think I got the solution.

Everything suggests a hardware error. Not a permanent one, as my camera sometimes worked (e.g. at lowered display brigtness), and not a deterministic error, as the exact apperence of the error was not always the same. So I was searching further and I found these nice Lenovo Service Training videos. This link is for the Yoga 710-14 series, but there are other models too:

https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=1170&key=TGVuZw==
Especially watch the LCD UNIT and CAMERA videos. Be amazed, that the display assembly of the laptop is held together by double sided sticky tapes! Well, thin displays, narrow bezels, no place for screews. And sticky tapes release by time...

So here is what I did and seemengly solved the problem (of course without disassembling anything, as the laptop is still under warranty):
*** PINCHING MY TWO FINGERS, I GENTLY PUSHED BACK THE LCD UNIT TO ITS COVER ALONG THE TOP EDGE OF THE DISPLAY ASSEMBLY EXTENDING FEW CEMTIMETERS TO THE LEFT AND RIGHT OF THE CAMERA. ***
It did not show much resitance, definitely not a solid construction. So, I think, what I really did,
- I pushed the camera module back to its sticky tape, that could improve its electromagnetic shielding (the tape on the videos seems to be metallic)
- or pushed the lock on the flat cable connector, if that somehow became loose and had contact problems,

- or simply just moved something that did the trick.
Either way, now the camera switches on and gives image reliably. (I run a script for a few hours now, that switches among camera applications, so the camera turns on and off many times and there was not a single error, fingers crossed.)

I hope this fix will be permanent (or at least a long-lasting), and no need to replace the camera module under warranty. Much simpler.

I just realize, that each time I open up the display I lift it at the edge, right where the camera is located. Bad practice. Just push your finger between the display and the bottom part and push up the screen!

TheFledgeling
What's DOS?
Views: 5,492
Message 25 of 28

Thanks Gabortel! It was just the camera coming loose. It started working once I pushed the bezel in a bit.

rtj00794
What's DOS?
Views: 4,913
Message 26 of 28

Wowww!! gabortel hatsoff to you. You saved me countless hours running around customer service and lot of potential interviews that I would have not been able to attend from the comfort of my laptop. You have defenitely went to great leangths to identify and resolve the issue. And linking the way camera is setup to this issue : BRAVO. This solved my issue too and yeah I lift the laptop lid the same way, from where the camera is present, to evenly share the load on the hinges (precaution from a different issue I had with a lenovo laptop earlier).

bitsandbytes
Paper Tape
Views: 4,560
Message 27 of 28

Gabortel you are a genius! Worked for me too,

Thanx so much!

P.S.:

And really poor and disappointing HW design from Lenovo here...

This compute is unfortunately worst buy I ever made.

Started with super annoying shift key on right side. Way too small,

And now this camera issue that indicates cheap and unreliable design. 

I hope future designs will again demonstrate why Lenovo is a leader in notebook market (if not time to sell Lenovo stocks in case you are an investor..)

Marcski
Paper Tape
Views: 2,967
Message 28 of 28

Wow! I just had the same issue, and just pushing on the top bezel fixed it.

Thanks!!

Top Kudoed Authors