cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arvojonas
SCSI Port
Views: 10,130
Message 21 of 45

Re: Yoga 710 - 14ikb 80V4 - latest system Intel driver update broke audio (solved)

14ikb here too, not solved at all. Weird pop sounds from the headphone jack, the sound sort of works but it doesnt. Unable to use it because of the pops and freezes. Device manager is asking for a troubleshoot for my laptop. "No drivers for Intel High Definition DSP", unable to fix. What now?
Tronny
Paper Tape
Views: 10,119
Message 22 of 45

Re: Yoga 710 - 14ikb 80V4 - latest system Intel driver update broke audio (solved)

Ok guys, so as the guy above me said, The only way to fix this completly is the Use the recovery system and recover your system (set it back in time to previous date) to recover it to earlier date, By doing this you will have to update all the same the updates you did install during this time, but we need to stop one specific intel update from going thro and installing again.

I will show step by step for people who dont know how:

1. in your search box type "recovery" and open the app called "recovery" (not the recovery settings)

2. there you choose the 2nd option, "Open system restore" 

3. there you will be able to choose dates that your computer has created a check point for possible recovery

4. choose any date earlier than the 15/1/2017

5. the computer will recover to an earlier state, after that go into your windows updates and "check for updates".

Among the many intel updates you will have to isolate and hide the update called Intel - Display (yes this one only)

Intel -display is the update that makes the audio go away (bug out). To do this you will use this program:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab

(indirect link is: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei...

First thing you do after your pc starts post the recovery process is enter this program, choose hide updates, and from the long list of intel and other updates you need to choose intel-display and hide it. this will disallow the program to further update on your system. 

This should fix the Dolby, the sound, and the delay in sound. hope this works for you! 

Arvojonas
SCSI Port
Views: 10,115
Message 23 of 45

Will try this Smiley Happy
Arvojonas
SCSI Port
Views: 10,081
Message 24 of 45

For some reason I cant find the intel-display from the list. The good thing is that the audio works and I have no intent of updating before the bug is fixed.
Tronny
Paper Tape
Views: 10,072
Message 25 of 45

Could be because the update either didnt arrive yet, or your system didnt refresh, try clicking "check for updates" in your updates system, it should appear there.

jlhuepe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,041
Message 26 of 45

I have the same problem with a Yoga 510 14IKB, the audio was uninstalled with the last windows update and now after reinstalling the Realtek driver I have an audio delay of 5 seconds. It seems that the solution is to come back to a previous recovery point but I don't have a previous one because I just bought the pc 1 week ago Smiley Sad

Arvojonas
SCSI Port
Views: 10,022
Message 27 of 45

The system recovery was very helpful, I bought mine 1 week ago also. It can make a .txt file to your desktop that lists all the personal stuff that the recovery couldnt keep Smiley Happy. Either you wait for a fix or do as I did and just reinstalled(still installing) the apps etc. 

RonTG
Paper Tape
Views: 10,015
Message 28 of 45

You can choose the 15/01/2017 , it will be better because you will lose less data.
Please notice that windows will be recovered to the state BEFORE the chosen date.

are you sure that Intel display driver is making the problems? Im pretty sure its the Intel Corp update and not the display one which was fine atleast for me.
Tronny
Paper Tape
Views: 9,994
Message 29 of 45

yes sir
Highlighted
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 9,775
Message 30 of 45

Hi,

I tested a quicker way of resolving the issue. You can bypass the system restore part of the process. The source of the issue is the hdmi audio driver that comes from the with the windows update. The update installs the wrong driver for audio device causing a code 28 error.

Steps :

1. Download DDU Uninstaller, and uninstall the driver for the Intel video card. This app will automatically stop win10 from installing any driver for the video card.

2. Download and install the latest video card driver from Intel.com. I recommend using the intel driver update tool. 

3. Download the windows update troubleshooter from support.microsoft.com, then hide the update for all Intel video card driver. This part will ensure that the issue will not re-occur after the system does another windows update or after you restart the computer.

4. Re-install the audio card driver.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors