cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 4,221
Message 41 of 45

Re: Yoga 710 - 14ikb 80V4 - latest system Intel driver update broke audio (solved)

Hi, 

I found a quicker fix for the issue. 

1. In Device Manager, expand “Other Devices” Intel High Definition Audio.
2. Press “View” and then select “Devices by connection”.
3. Expand “ACPI x64-based PC”.
  Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
    PCI Express Root Complex
      “Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller”

4. Click on the “Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST)…” with the right mouse button and select “Uninstall”

5. Tick “Delete the driver software for this device” and press “OK”.
. Shortly, you will see the “Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller” change to “High Definition Audio Controller”. Realtek audio will auto install necessary drivers.

6 . Reboot the computer. Verify in “Device Manager” that the Audio Controller is correct.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
edughofaili
Paper Tape
Views: 4,047
Message 42 of 45

Re: Yoga 710 - 14ikb 80V4 - latest system Intel driver update broke audio (solved)

this actually worked. Much obliged sir.

uninvitedguest
Paper Tape
Views: 3,867
Message 43 of 45

While removing the drivers by connection in device manager works after the first reboot, after a subsequent reboot it kills the sound again.

WService
What's DOS?
Views: 2,401
Message 44 of 45

This is FINALLY the approach that worked for me. Uninstall the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller. Excellent advise. Thank you. Be patient...it takes a bit of time
Maverick_nc76
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,100
Message 45 of 45

Hi all, first post but this issue (No Audio output device installed)  has been driving me crazy so wanted to share my solution.  I apologise if this has been covered already but after trying EVERY single potential solution listed without success, this simple step worked for me:

No uninstalls and no device manager. Browse to the Lenovo help and support centre, detect your device and use the update drivers section - usually nothing happens as all is up to date. However, if you manually browse to the drivers and software section, you will see under Audio that there IS an update for the Intel Platform driver, which for some unknown reason is listed as 'optional'. I simply downloaded this driver and it immediately resolved my problem. Successive reboots appear to confirm a permanent fix. 

Hope this works for others as this drove me insane.

Cheers

NC

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors