02-20-2017

US

8 Signins

140 Page Views

• Views: 140
  • Message 1 of 12

Yoga 710-15IKB 80V5 No Audio Output Installed

2017-02-20, 1:15 AM

I am not able to get any sound from my speaker.  Any assistance would be appreciated.   Thanks.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2444 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3396 Signins

42025 Page Views

• Views: 42025
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Yoga 710-15IKB 80V5 No Audio Output Installed

2017-02-20, 3:17 AM

Try installing the audio driver: http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-710-15ikb/80V5/downloads/DS118360

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

14 Posts

02-20-2017

US

8 Signins

140 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2017-02-20, 3:32 AM

Thanks very much for your help, my friend. But when I tried to install that driver, I got the message that I have attached, that there is no device for update present.  Any thoughts?  Appreciate it.

Options

2444 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3396 Signins

42025 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2017-02-20, 3:38 AM

Try disabling and re-enabling it. Go to 'device manager', head down to 'sound, video, and game controllers', right click Realtek HD Audio, and click disable. Then, click enable. 

If this doesn't help, right click it again and choose uninstall, and select delete the driver software. Then, reinstall the driver from the link above. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

14 Posts

02-20-2017

US

8 Signins

140 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2017-02-20, 3:59 AM

Thanks again.  It turns out that I don't have Realtek HD Audio in the sound, video and game controllers area.  Instead, I had something from Intel.  But I took the steps you suggested below to uninstall and delete the driver software, and tried to reinstall.  I then recieved a similar message to the previous, which I have attached.  Really appreciate your assistance here!

Options

2444 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3396 Signins

42025 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2017-02-20, 4:11 AM

Seems like an update broke the audio. Try these steps: 

1. In Device Manager, expand “Other Devices” Intel High Definition Audio.

2. Press “View” and then select “Devices by connection”.

3. Expand “ACPI x64-based PC”.
    -> Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
      -> PCI Express Root Complex
       -> “Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller”
        -> Click on the “Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST)…” with

the right mouse button and select “Uninstall”

4. Confirm device uninstall.

5. Select “Delete the driver software for this device” and press “OK”.

6. Shortly, you will see the “Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST)

Audio Controller” change to “High Definition Audio Controller”.

7. Reboot the computer. Verify in “Device Manager” that the Audio

Controller is correct, that the Audio speaker icon in system tray

shows OK, and that the audio function also passes.

Regards,
Eric Xu

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

14 Posts

02-20-2017

US

8 Signins

140 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2017-02-20, 4:27 AM

Thanks again for your assistance!  It looks like I am almost there.  I followed your steps up to the sixth, but I did not find the High Definition Audio Controller, as noted in the attached.  Much appreciated!

Options

14 Posts

02-20-2017

US

8 Signins

140 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2017-02-20, 4:30 AM

Apologies. I meant to say that I did not see the Audio Controller.

Options

2444 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3396 Signins

42025 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2017-02-20, 4:33 AM

Try restarting, and also try this driver if it doesn't work: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Regards,
Eric Xu

Options

14 Posts

02-20-2017

US

8 Signins

140 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2017-02-20, 4:39 AM

My gosh.  You are wonderful!  As you said, all I had to do was restart, and I now have audio back.  I very much appreciate it!  Have a fabulous long weekened!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete