Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rspading
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,052
Message 1 of 11

Yoga 710-15IKB 80V5 No Audio Output Installed

I am not able to get any sound from my speaker.  Any assistance would be appreciated.   Thanks.

Guru
Views: 2,997
Message 2 of 11

Re: Yoga 710-15IKB 80V5 No Audio Output Installed

Try installing the audio driver: http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-710-15ikb/80V5/down...

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

rspading
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,988
Message 3 of 11

Thanks very much for your help, my friend. But when I tried to install that driver, I got the message that I have attached, that there is no device for update present.  Any thoughts?  Appreciate it.

Guru
Views: 2,985
Message 4 of 11

Try disabling and re-enabling it. Go to 'device manager', head down to 'sound, video, and game controllers', right click Realtek HD Audio, and click disable. Then, click enable. 

If this doesn't help, right click it again and choose uninstall, and select delete the driver software. Then, reinstall the driver from the link above. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

rspading
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,981
Message 5 of 11

Thanks again.  It turns out that I don't have Realtek HD Audio in the sound, video and game controllers area.  Instead, I had something from Intel.  But I took the steps you suggested below to uninstall and delete the driver software, and tried to reinstall.  I then recieved a similar message to the previous, which I have attached.  Really appreciate your assistance here!

Guru
Views: 2,977
Message 6 of 11

Seems like an update broke the audio. Try these steps: 

1. In Device Manager, expand “Other Devices” Intel High Definition Audio.

2. Press “View” and then select “Devices by connection”.

3. Expand “ACPI x64-based PC”.
    -> Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
      -> PCI Express Root Complex
       -> “Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller”
        -> Click on the “Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST)…” with

the right mouse button and select “Uninstall”

4. Confirm device uninstall.

5. Select “Delete the driver software for this device” and press “OK”.

6. Shortly, you will see the “Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST)

Audio Controller” change to “High Definition Audio Controller”.

7. Reboot the computer. Verify in “Device Manager” that the Audio

Controller is correct, that the Audio speaker icon in system tray

shows OK, and that the audio function also passes.

Regards,
Eric Xu

rspading
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,967
Message 7 of 11

Thanks again for your assistance!  It looks like I am almost there.  I followed your steps up to the sixth, but I did not find the High Definition Audio Controller, as noted in the attached.  Much appreciated!

rspading
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,960
Message 8 of 11

Apologies. I meant to say that I did not see the Audio Controller.

Guru
Views: 2,954
Message 9 of 11

Try restarting, and also try this driver if it doesn't work: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&Down...

Regards,
Eric Xu

rspading
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,951
Message 10 of 11

My gosh.  You are wonderful!  As you said, all I had to do was restart, and I now have audio back.  I very much appreciate it!  Have a fabulous long weekened!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors