Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryanak
Punch Card
Views: 642
Message 1 of 12

Yoga 710-15IKB Laptop (ideapad) 80V5 - Ghostt/phantom Touch Issue

Yoga 710-15IKB Laptop (ideapad)  80V5   - Ghost/phantom Touch Issue

This issue almost made me crazy. I have try to  find out anyway to solve  but all failed.

my english is too poor  so I copied another friend's post becaused we have the same issue and also have the same way try to solve this. thanks bro.Geochamp

Dear Community, dear Lenovo People,

I have the same problem. It usually occurs after waking up the Laptop from Standby. Sometimes, not always, a reboot helps. What I encounter in detail:

- "Ghost Touch" Phenomenon  ,Ghost touch

What I've tried so far to fix it:

Firmware update: Even though my screen is an LG and is clearly affected, the firmware update program told me it is "not at risk" and wouldn't need an update. So this solution: https://support.lenovo.com/de/de/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/Yoga-3-1470/Solutions/HT1... does not work, at all.

Updating drivers: I've updated drivers several times with no lasting positive effect on the issue.

Win 10 Updates: Seem to have no effect whatsoever, but I figured are worth trying.

Lenovo Updates in Lenovo Companion: No effect.

Hardware check in Lenovo Companion: Reports no hardware failures.

Calibrating Touch and Stylus: No effect. Once it even got worse, but it certainly didn't fix anything... I don't know...

Deactivating and reactivating touch screen in the Device Manager: Seemed to help at first, but the issue keeps reoccurring. Sometimes the screen doesn't even show up in the decive manager for some reason. From time to time it does so I can play the deactivate/reactivate game, with no lasting effect.

Please forgive me the capslock, but it is FRUSTRATING!

I need help...

sgrogg
Paper Tape
Views: 569
Message 2 of 12

Re: Yoga 710-15IKB Laptop (ideapad) 80V5 - Ghostt/phantom Touch Issue

You and I both are having the same issue on this same model.  Lenovo needs to get this fixed.  It should be nothing more than a firmware update or driver update from what I can tell.

bryanak
Punch Card
Views: 549
Message 3 of 12

@sgrogg wrote:

You and I both are having the same issue on this same model.  Lenovo needs to get this fixed.  It should be nothing more than a firmware update or driver update from what I can tell.

hope lenovo give us a right answer. thanks for your reponse.

bryanak
Punch Card
Views: 532
Message 4 of 12

Krakken wrote:

Hello APC_LLC

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Also, try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.

(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

I used this way ,it  looks like all right ,but i don'know if it can happens again?

bryanak
Punch Card
Views: 524
Message 5 of 12

@bryanak wrote:

@Krakken wrote:

Hello APC_LLC

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Also, try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.

(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

I used this way ,it  looks like all right ,but i don'know if it can happens again?

fail again ....

this afternoon repeat that issue...

bryanak
Punch Card
Views: 499
Message 6 of 12

For I guess that touch screen also use the USB channel  ,so I reuse the touch screen and never use any USB equipment such as wireless mouse.by now it passed about 2 days and now it looks in right position.I don't know if it can keep this position for such a long time.

bryanak
Punch Card
Views: 488
Message 7 of 12

now it looks like allright for everything, even these two days i had used the usb for u-disk, it also ok for the touch screen , with my memory i thought the different thing i have done is to close the always on usb in bios, is that the reason for get is issue? i don't know ,but now it realy good for everything... if someone have this issue,try about this.
sgrogg
Paper Tape
Views: 483
Message 8 of 12

Sorry bryanak, but that does not solve the issue.  I tried your suggestion in my previous post, and it made no difference.  The ghost touches were back again today.

bryanak
Punch Card
Views: 478
Message 9 of 12

@sgrogg wrote:

Sorry bryanak, but that does not solve the issue.  I tried your suggestion in my previous post, and it made no difference.  The ghost touches were back again today.

dear friend ,i had about a week to use the touch screen and the ghost touch never happened again, I thought that the different things I have done than before is: 

1. disable the always on usb in bios

2.change the wirless mouse to bluetooth mouse

3.install the photoshop software  ~~

now it's allright for everything

you can try for different way 

if I thought out sth I had done ,I will tell you 

good luck

netmouser
Fanfold Paper
Views: 461
Message 10 of 12

I gave up and always use my small HP usb wireless mouse, and have no problems now. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors