Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HTCxREPEAT
Paper Tape
Views: 27,918
Message 1 of 25

Yoga 710 15IKB No Audio Output Device is Installed

Two days ago, my internet was being slow, and I had the adapter reset as per usual through the WiFi troubleshooter. The adapter for the first time caused a BSOD when doing this. So I thought "Fine, its a one time thing", I didn't get the chance to get the error message but the cause involved the adapter, I know that much. When my laptop restarted, I noticed a nice little "x" on the speaker tray icon. Scrolling over it, it told me that "No Audio Output Device is Installed." Nothing I did would fix it, including the basic solutions across the internet such as uninstalling the drivers, etc. While looking at the drivers, not all of them were missing, only maybe one or two, definitely one in the Sound, video and Game Controllers area with the name (MEDIA) in it (that much I remember, I believe it was from NVIDIA too), along with one that was put into the "Other Drivers" area, or whatever it was called, by Intel but with a yellow exclamation mark on it and it related to audio. I got the problem to be fixed by doing a system restore back to the 10th, before some updates occurred.

Last night, my keyboard was malfunctioning (not allowing me to backspace, only allowing me to type in certain areas, not allowing me to use the letter "C", and telling me to backspace by hitting "Alt + LeftArrow." (And this was occurring in multiple browsers, not just one)

I did another system restore and the audio problem reappeared, but this laptop is quite new, I've ran out of restore points to go back to. So, I decided to do a full reset of my computer, keeping my files though (even though there isn't much on here yet), and that did not fix it.

After going further into it, I found this page, and installed the garbage Realtek audio driver that is compatible with my laptop, so that I can at least hear things. This Realtek audio driver (which is NOT the one I originally had), has its problems. If I have the volume set on 40, for example, and load a video, then move the volume up to 42, the volume will become drastically lower until I go onto a new video or refresh the page. The quality is definitely lower, and I would just like to get back to the old audio drivers.

mountainman33
What's DOS?
Views: 27,825
Message 2 of 25

Re: Yoga 710 15IKB No Audio Output Device is Installed

I am experiencing the same problem with system audio. Thankfully have not experienced other issues...yet. Would appreciate guidance on how to solve for missing audio without having to reinstall system.

kriegkjer
What's DOS?
Views: 27,694
Message 3 of 25

This exact same thing is happening to me.  Not pleased.  Thinking about returning my Yoga, unless this can be fixed soon.

MLDelagarza
Paper Tape
Views: 27,590
Message 4 of 25

I'm having the same issue and really frustrated. I've gone throught the suggested steps/processes; however, nothing seems to work. How is it I had drivers before updates to Windows and my system but don't have them now.

Soundless and frustrated!!!!!

nstauffer
What's DOS?
Views: 27,555
Message 5 of 25

Throwing my experience onto this thread too. Same thing. No sound after doing the Windows update. I tried to reinstall, but no luck. Can someone please help?

MLDelagarza
Paper Tape
Views: 27,545
Message 6 of 25

I went into my Microsoft account, and chatted with an Associate, who helped me locate the drivers needed. The process took about 45 minutes, but I now have audio.

yusniel
What's DOS?
Views: 27,369
Message 7 of 25

HTCxREPEAT
Paper Tape
Views: 26,868
Message 8 of 25

That's what I've been using, as stated in the original post, but my original drivers, the ones that work better than the Realtek driver that's compatible with this laptop, are still gone.
arielenrique84
Paper Tape
Views: 25,983
Message 9 of 25

Same problem here.

After a windows update a few days ago, the sound is gone. I have tried updating the drivers, instaling other drivers, nothing seems to be working.

Have any of you been able to solve the issue?

I have attached images of the device mgr and the taskbar msg that i see.

Thanks.

noaudio.pngnoaudio2.png

arielenrique84
Paper Tape
Views: 25,965
Message 10 of 25

Re: Same problem here.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors