Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
header123
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,631
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 710 15IKB USB Mouse not working

I have been trying to get my Yoga 710 to work with a mouse, as I realy do not care for touchpads, but no miceI have used work. I have tried 5 mice, including 2 wireless ones, and all of the mice work on my other (Desktop) computer.

When I plug the mice into either one of the USB slots, the computer doesn't notice anything. There is no sound like on other computers, and the mice do not glow red from the bottom like they usualy do when I plug them in. One of the mice did blink red when I plugged it in, but it immediatly went back to no light.

This is a new computer, I got it for christmas and the only program I installed on it is microsoft word and my printer driver, both of which I have on other computers that work fine with a mouse.

The USB ports work for other things, I am able to charge my phone on either one. 

On device manager, under the Mice and other pointing devices tab, it says I have "Synaptics Pointing Device". This is different than my other computer which has "HID-compliant mouse" under that tab instead.

My Operating system is Windows 10.

Please forgive me if I'm missing something simple, I am not the most tech savvy. I'm also sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this, I'm not quite sure if this goes under this section.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,589
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 710 15IKB USB Mouse not working

Have you tried it with both USBs? You should have at least two

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
header123
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,551
Message 3 of 6

Yes it isn't working either, and both USB are able to charge my phone.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,519
Message 4 of 6

Any other devices ( USB drive, etc ) works OK?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
header123
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,500
Message 5 of 6

I did a complete reset of the computer, and reinstalled everything. That fixed the problem, and now the mouse works. 

Highlighted
Rich38
Paper Tape
Views: 1,275
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I'm having same problem with my X140e, not seeing USB mouse or keyboard after installing Windows 7. 

What exactly do you mean by a "complete reset" of your computer? Is that just a reset in shutting it down?

When you say you "reinstalled everything" does that include Windows 10? All the drivers?

Thanks in advance for your input...

Rich

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors