Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-04-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 710-15ISK BSOD randomly once a week

2017-04-04, 23:08 PM

My yoga 710 (6th gen i5) would get bsod at least once a week. Usually when I am on chrome or on word, .

I got this in october, the motherboard actually failed in november, forcing me to send it in for repair. They had to replace the whole motherboard as a result of the repair. 

bsod started beginning of this year, even after the cumulative update for windows 10 it's still happening.

the errors i have gotten are:

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, what failed: igdkmd64.sys

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, what failed: igdkmd64.sys

does anyone have any experience with this? I did some research and was told that hardware drivers might be the issue but i did a scan and could not find anything that needed to be updated.

Options

3815 Posts

12-24-2015

India

2177 Signins

71411 Page Views

• Views: 71411
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 710-15ISK BSOD randomly once a week

2017-04-05, 10:34 AM

Hi there, Lemonssej  -

Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

The KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED is a type of STOP error, also known as Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) that occurs on Windows based operating systems, and can cause them to restart or shut down abruptly. This bug check contains a value of 0x0000001E. This STOP error points out that error handler is unable to catch the exception generated by a Kernel-mode program.

When you have a moment, can you please refer to this that was filed regarding a similar issue and let me know if it is relevant to the problem you are seeing?

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped 
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms